Bruins Struggles are they a Playoff Team?

hf101

3 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Greatest cause for the Bruins poor season

• Injury to Chara
    • Rask not being Rask
    • Boychuk trade
    • Lack of a Right wing replacement for Iginla
    • Fourth line misses Thornton
    • Other
  2. 2. Will the Bruins make the Playoffs?

The Bruins season has not gone the way many thought some will blame the season on injuries, others will blame the season on Chiarelli's poor Cap Management and lack of a #1 right winger.  Then there is the Boychuk trade and a lack of a dominant 4th line that was one of the leagues best.

What are your thoughts as to why the Bruins are struggling this year.  Will they be a playoff team?

On my list of predictions sure to go wrong before the season I predicted the Bruins would slip seriously this year, not out of playoff contention but back into the pack.

My reason then is the same as now, a very bland collection of average and ordinary wingers and up against the cap with no room to add anyone.  So my vote was, yes, borderline playoff team gonna fight with the likes of the Wings, Capitals, Leafs and Panthers for three spots in all likelihood.I think Rask and the defense will get them in but it is going to be close. Most of the above mentioned teams have cap room to make a serious stretch drive move, the Bruins have none.

If the Bruins are...and will be ....a borderline playoff team....then I don't want them in the playoffs. Pointless. They don't look good...they look horrible. Leadership is defenitely called into question.

Chirella is smart. One of the smartest in the business. He built a winner.

But sending Seguin away so early and then trading Boychuck.....thats a ton of talent. Young talent.

Rasks GA is 6th in the League. No problem there.

Bruins ineffeciency to score goals...thats the problem.

The Bruins do need to make a move. Eberle for Ericcson is what I suggest. 

@nORRis8

Eberle would absolutely cure what ails the Bruins BUT:

That does absolutely nothing to fix th problems tht the Oilers have. Eberle is rumored to being dangled, but absolutely ONLY for a top line center.

Would you give up Bergeron or Krejci for Eberle? Or for Eberle and a package? To me, there is he start of a conversation anyway that may occur to fix what ails both teams. Opinion?

If the Bruins are...and will be ....a borderline playoff team....then I don't want them in the playoffs. Pointless. They don't look good...they look horrible. Leadership is defenitely called into question.

Chirella is smart. One of the smartest in the business. He built a winner.

But sending Seguin away so early and then trading Boychuck.....thats a ton of talent. Young talent.

Rasks GA is 6th in the League. No problem there.

Bruins ineffeciency to score goals...thats the problem.

The Bruins do need to make a move. Eberle for Ericcson is what I suggest. 

This.

I agree wholeheartedly. ill admit, losing Boychuk, who was basically a poor man's Vlasic, obviously hurt the team too. Especially since Chara went down to injury. Krug is regressing and thank god he only gave him a 1 year "Prove it" contract. Combine that with Krejci missing a lot of time, and the team is hurting. Chara looks sloooooow since returning from injury. Slower than he did before.

Archived