Carolina Hurricanes brain trust in panic

yave1964

GM Ronny Francis sat down recently with coach Bill Peters to discuss the state of the team. I had a hidden microphone planted to catch the conversation.

mS5BdJp7sIUnyQ4ATzEI0Aw.jpg

FRANCIS: Peters we are doing our best, but Edmonton just had Hall 'supposedly' injured and he is out six weeks, this after they traded Perron for Klinkhammer and Buffalo countered by trading their only two good players to Winnipeg today. If this keeps up we are gonna miss out on the McDavid AND the Eichel sweepstakes. We cannot have that.

PETERS: What do you have in mind sir?

FRANCIS: I am just spitballing here, but I am thinking of activiating myself and Brind'amour.

PETERS: No offense sir but you have both been out of the game a long time.

FRANCIS: I know, i just figured it might help. But Rod told me when I suggested it that we were both better than most of the guys we are playing so I just decided it wouldn't work. (sound of sighing).

PETERS: Maybe we could offer two or three of our better players to Buffalo for the rights to not play Evander Kane this year?"

FRANCIS: Already tried it. Murray hung up the phone on me.

PETERS: Well maybe we can offer Semin around.

FRANCIS: No way, he is carrying this team so far with his two goals. I thought of offering Staal to the Leafs but they dropped out of contention and he threatened to hold his breath if we traded him there. I had you move him to wing to hurt our faceoff pct. but we still cannot keep up with the Sabres and Oilers.

(a knock on the door, Brindamour comes in)

BRIND'AMOUR: Hey guys sorry, wanted to let you know that the Sabres traded Enroth to the Stars for a bag of used jocks and an autographed Mike Modano hockey puck. (sound of Brind'Amour leaving)

FRANCIS: Sigh. Well I was looking to give them Khubodin, he has been playing too good lately. I guess Tim Murray beat me to the punch again. He deserves to be the GM of the year. 

PETERS: I can start double shifting Skinner. He has been horrible all year.

FRANCIS: (excited) maybe I can offer Sekera and Tlusty to the Flyers for Timmonen! He has been out all year, right?Kimmo+Timonen+Philadelphia+Flyers+v+New+

PETERS: Yes, but he is close to returning from what I heard.

FRANCIS: Oh well. Lets look the other teams rosters over, see if someone is out for the year that we can get for those two, Tlusty and Sekera are dragging us down, or up, in the standings.

END OF TRANSMISSION

• 1 month later...

Archived