Abdelkader goal in OT

flyerrod

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should the goal have been allowed

• Yes
    • No

Since when are players allowed to play/score with a broken stick? I am pretty sure that the goal should have been disallowed at the very least even if you do not call the penalty for playing with a broke stick. It looked obviously broke when he knocked the puck from Allen and then proceeded to shoot in the puck anyhow.

@flyerrod

Ref blew it, pure and simple. Should have been disallowed. That said, i will take the win. God did we need the two points.

Seems like there have been a lot of blown calls lately. I am curious as to why this was not sent to Toronto for review. This is the kind of call that begs for a coach's challenge. The refs in this game could not decide if they were going to control the game or let them play which led to a choppy and chippy tilt. I know I saw Backes go to the ref asking why the score was allowed and was basically told the game is over, get over it. Not a big fan of either team but, I really HATE when referees blow huge calls like that deciding the outcome, regardless of who is on the ice.

@yave1964

I thought all goals are reviewed by Toronto?  

how messed up it that?

These things even up over the course of the year, earlier in the year Getzlaf got away with a boarding call, stole the puck and scored on the Wings in regulation with a minute to go to beat us 2-1 (or 3-2 I cannot remember the exact score) and now this, we absolutely got away with one.

A few years ago a shot hit the netting, the ref didn't see it, and it bounced in off Quick's back and the Wings won a game. Non reviewable, now it is. My bet is that this situation going forward will be reviewable. We seem to be the test market for reviewable goals.

Wow did the Wings need this one. Fragile is the word I would use to describe the team right now, with Tampa laying it to Boston right now it looks as if we will have a 5 point lead again, if we had lost and Boston had won and it was a single point oh my God i wouldn't want to picture it. so yeah, i will take them any way we can right now.

Archived