Mason sets team record

brelic

The only thing I can think of with Stolarz not playing the #1 is they're finally trying to develop a winning attitude on the Phantoms and he's just getting outplayed by Zepp.

I might would buy that but down the stretch when they were fighting for the playoffs Zepp played 9 games straight. A few of those they were out of the playoffs so why not let the kid play so he can work on his issues...playing through that is how you get better. I guess Murray thought he needed to work on his bench door opening skills.

But we're also talking about the logic from the same genius who would dress 3 goons almost on a regular basis...so there is no real logic...

...man i hope Hexy cans his ass soon and starts fresh there too.

@OccamsRazor

By decent you mean equal? So far Mason/Bob are about as close as you could get. Stolarz has not impressed me one bit (his junior regular seasons were great, his playoffs a horror story, his AHL meh). Leier looks like a good pick but he hasn't played a game in the NHL yet.  Maybe in 5 years we can clearly see a winner, but surely not yet.

Stolarz has not impressed me one bit (his junior regular seasons were great, his playoffs a horror story, his AHL meh).

I won't dispute that but like every other position in hockey he needs to play in order to work on his game only so much can be done in practice. Give him more minutes and he will get better more than likely. He can build his confidence riding the pine.

Then if he continues to struggle then maybe other options need to be looked into.

There are many on this team who didn't play well. Hagg has had his ups and downs but he got to play through them and still needs improvement.

Stolarz is no different.

Archived