Minnesota Wild Already Have 2015-16 Pre-Season Schedule

Minnesota_Wild_NHL_Micro_Raschel_Blanket

From NHL.com:

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=770348

Normally, I don't too excited about pre-season schedules or games (aside from the fact that it simply means hockey is back after a summer layoff!), but when Minnesota announced this a couple days ago, I noticed the Sabres and Jets were on there twice, in addition to the Blue Jackets and Oilers.

Imagine that...not only am I actually interested in a Wild pre-season schedule, but one with BUFFALO on it no less!

Yep...with the Buffalo Sabres set to draft Jack Eichel, I think it's cool that Wild fans (1st game of the pre-season is AT Xcel Energy) get to be one of the first sets of fans to see Eichel play on an NHL team, at an NHL rink.

Jets of course, are quickly becoming a division rival for Minnesota, especially in the stands where Wild and Jets fans regularly invade each other's arenas and make quite a bit of noise both at Xcel and MTS Centre.

Both the Sabres and Jets each have games at their own arenas against Min, then of course, each play a game in St. Paul.

As for the Oilers and Jackets, well, those will be road pre-season games for the Wild, so Minny fans WON'T get to see live the Oiler's Connor McDavid, but still awesome that in one pre-season set up, Granlund, Zucker, Dumba, Scandella, Parise, and Suter get to skate against Eichel and company, as well as McDavid and company.

Jackets?

Ok, probably the LEAST exciting of the group of pre-season games....or is it?

Jackets seem non descript at the moment, but let's not forget this is the same team that last season, once they started to get bodies back and icing actual NHL level talent, they reeled off several wins in a row and were a major thorn in the side of playoff contenders, despite the fact they were well out of it themselves.

Anyways, Columbus seems to play that heavy, bruising Western Conference style and even though it is pre-season, I suspect guys playing for jobs will skate pretty hard against Minnesota, and the Wild will need to be ready.

Now......I just have to convince my husband that going to a Min-Buf pre-season game ISN'T as boring as it might sound........  :lol:

• 2 months later...

September 21st? I want Hockey NOW dammit!!! 

Not an avid fan of Minnesota Wilds, But if there is one Minnesota player that catches my attention, its Granlund. The most exciting player on the team and the prettiest by far....

September 21st? I want Hockey NOW dammit!!! 

Not an avid fan of Minnesota Wilds, But if there is one Minnesota player that catches my attention, its Granlund. The most exciting player on the team and the prettiest by far....

Mikael is quite pretty and a fascinating player to watch. I am partial to Matt Dumba mostly because he plays defense and that is the position I play. They team looks very exciting that is for sure.

Archived