Should the Sabres Trade for Cam Talbot?

pilldoc

http://thehockeywriters.com/should-the-sabres-trade-for-cam-talbot/

So with the Sabres in obvious need of a goaltender, the question begs to be asked.  Should the Sabres attempt to acquire Cam Talbot from the Rangers?  If the answer is yes.  What are you willing to give up in a trade?

It is obvious that Talbot played brilliantly while Lunqvist was out with and injury. In 36 games for the Rangers last season, Talbot earned 21 wins, and posted .926 save percentage and 2.21 goals against average. He also recorded five shutouts, and sat between the pipes for over 2,000 minutes.

Conversly, the Sabres went through not 1, not 2, but 5 goaltenders during the course of last season.  Though the Sabres have some goalies in the system, I'm not sure how many of them are NHL ready.

It certainly, IMO, is worth at least innquiring what it would take to Cam Talbot in blue and yellow.

cam-talbot.jpg

I think it would be a good move for the Sabres. With the goalie market the way it is, I'd guess they could probably trade a draft pick to pick him up. Choosing so early in the rounds, I wonder if they could even pick him up for their third rounder. Probably not, but it might be worth a try.

@pilldoc  I can almost guarantee the Rangers will be ready and willing to trade Cam once the season begins. It's either that, or lose him for nothing a year from now. They will not be able to afford the type of money he will be asking for, already a ton of money allocated to goalies in the form of the Kings salary. He should fetch a pretty penny is a deal.

Archived