Sharks resign Brenden Dillon. 5 Years, 3.27 per

J0e Th0rnton

Woot! only 0.27 more than I thought was the max, so Ill take it.

That leaves us at:

Karlsson/Thornton/Pavelski

Marleau/Couture/Nieto

Hertl/Tierney/Wingels

?????/Smith/??????

The ????? could be any of Torres, Brown, Goodrow, Donskoi, Goldobin, or several other promising kids who have a good camp.

Vlasic/Braun

Dillon/Burns

Mueller/??????

The ????? thus far could be Tennyson again, or Demelo. this is a hole I wish them to fill VIA UFA or trade.

??????

Stalock

Still a boatload of goalie Options out there. Ramo or Neuvirth via UFA, Bernier/Reimer, and several others possibly in trade.

We are sitting now with around 14-15 million in cap Space.

We are sitting now with around 14-15 million in cap Space.

That is a nice little powder keg of cap space. The Sharks are not one of the poor teams either, they will spend up to the cap I believe. Might be wise to save 4 or 5 mill though, just to open up some nice trade options in season.

That is a nice little powder keg of cap space. The Sharks are not one of the poor teams either, they will spend up to the cap I believe. Might be wise to save 4 or 5 mill though, just to open up some nice trade options in season.

Should be able to. We need a goalie and a top 4 D

Ideal lines for me should be (Without taking into account Burns being put back to forward):

Hertl/Jumbo/Pavs

Patty/Cooch/Nieto

Wingels/Tierney/Karlsson

Goldobin/Smith/Goodrow

Or if the Sharks are planning what I think they are:

Meier/Jumbo/Pavs

P/C/N

Wingels/Tierney/Hertl

Karlsson/Smith/Goodrow

The Sharks can try to offer-sheet/trade for Kruger to help shore up the middle as well as pushing Smith to the wing where he plays at his best.

As for defense I agree with you, though I hope the Sharks pick up 2 of Franson, Oduya, or Green to fill out the depth chart.

Goaltending will be interesting. I wouldn't mind bringing in a guy like Reimer for cheap or signing a UFA like Ramo (though the crop isn't spectacular by any means). I like Martin Jones a lot and the Bruins could be easy prey considering how Don Sweeney has been running the ship.

All in all, I like the makeup of the Sharks at the moment (aside from Burns playing where he shouldn't be) and I expect a bounce back season if Jumbo can keep going. That is a big IF, though I am fairly confident he isn't going to regress off a cliff this year. Wilson has a lot of choices to pick from, lets hope he doesn't make the wrong ones.

Ideal lines for me should be (Without taking into account Burns being put back to forward):

Hertl/Jumbo/Pavs

Patty/Cooch/Nieto

Wingels/Tierney/Karlsson

Goldobin/Smith/Goodrow

Or if the Sharks are planning what I think they are:

Meier/Jumbo/Pavs

P/C/N

Wingels/Tierney/Hertl

Karlsson/Smith/Goodrow

The Sharks can try to offer-sheet/trade for Kruger to help shore up the middle as well as pushing Smith to the wing where he plays at his best.

As for defense I agree with you, though I hope the Sharks pick up 2 of Franson, Oduya, or Green to fill out the depth chart.

Goaltending will be interesting. I wouldn't mind bringing in a guy like Reimer for cheap or signing a UFA like Ramo (though the crop isn't spectacular by any means). I like Martin Jones a lot and the Bruins could be easy prey considering how Don Sweeney has been running the ship.

All in all, I like the makeup of the Sharks at the moment (aside from Burns playing where he shouldn't be) and I expect a bounce back season if Jumbo can keep going. That is a big IF, though I am fairly confident he isn't going to regress off a cliff this year. Wilson has a lot of choices to pick from, lets hope he doesn't make the wrong ones.

Welcome to the site :)

I agree to an extent, but think we only need 1 right side Dman. NOT Oduya. I want a guy who can throw some offense in. In an ideal world, trade for Spurgeon, who is being shopped.

but Green/franson COULD work

Archived