TJ Oshie now a Capital

pilldoc

He will help your team in the regular season - no doubt. However, he is a prototypical player who will excels in a regular season and will disappear in the playoffs. Everybody knows who impatient Hitch can be when the player doesn't meet his expectations. But I have watched the Blues play over the last few years, and I can see how this guy can frustrate. Perhaps this will change under Barry Trotz or in the new environment; we'll see.

That's the thing. He went from a western team that perennially shrinks in the playoffs to the same thing in the east.

Perhaps the shuffling helps. I have faith in neither team until proven otherwise.

He will help your team in the regular season - no doubt.  However, he is a prototypical player who will excels in a regular season and will disappear in the playoffs.   Everybody knows who impatient Hitch can be when the player doesn't meet his expectations.  But I have watched the Blues play over the last few years, and I can see how this guy can frustrate.  Perhaps this will change under Barry Trotz or in the new environment; we'll see.

I agree, there always seems like a player like last seasons Tyler Johnson who is average during the season and goes crazy in the playoffs. The one thing that really scares me about Oshie is he seems to be so fragile.

I agree, there always seems like a player like last seasons Tyler Johnson who is average during the season and goes crazy in the playoffs. The one thing that really scares me about Oshie is he seems to be so fragile.

Well, last year he only missed 10 games (which isn't a whole lot by general standards). And two years ago he played 79 games.  It's not too bad.

Well, last year he only missed 10 games (which isn't a whole lot by general standards). And two years ago he played 79 games.  It's not too bad.

There was also 2 years(not counting his first year) where he missed a lot of games. It just always seemed when he was on the Blues the fans were always complaining about his nagging injuries and other things.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived