Timo Meier signs ELC

J0e Th0rnton

http://www.thescore.com/news/792135

The San Jose Sharks' 2015 first-round pick, Timo Meier, could find himself playing with the big club as soon as next season.

The 18-year-old signed an entry-level contract with the team Wednesday.

"Timo is a dynamic forward who has outstanding finishing skills," general manager Doug Wilson said. "His big, pro frame allows him to be successful in all three zones, and his high hockey IQ has already become evident at our Prospects Development Camp. We look forward to watching his continued development."

The Sharks selected Meier ninth overall after a breakout season with the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL.

The forward had 44 goals and 90 points in 66 games and added 10 goals and 21 points in 14 postseason games.

Fantastic!

Love this kid. Hope he at least gets a taste of the bigtime before returning to the Mooseheads and showing everyone he doesn't need Ehlers any more than Ehlers needed Drouin or Drouin needed Mackinnon.

4th line of Smith/Tierney/Meier?

*salivates*

You'd really be happy him burning a year of his ELC playing 10 minutes a night on the 4th line??? Surely you jest.....

12-13 minutes a game at ES(Shuffle him into the others lines occasionally to let the old men rest) and some 2nd unit PP time. Play him 9 games and see how he does. Tierney was playing at a PPG pace last 12 games of last season lol. Meier is physically NHL ready. Kid is a gamer :)

Play him 9 games and see how he does.

Here is the downside to that if you play him his 9 games then if you play him one game in the playoffs you will burn a year of his ELC regardless if you send him back like the Flames did this past year with Sam Bennett. You'd be ok risking that? You may need him come playoff time.

I'd rather save the 9 games for the playoffs.

Just saying.

Here is the downside to that if you play him his 9 games then if you play him one game in the playoffs you will burn a year of his ELC regardless if you send him back like the Flames did this past year with Sam Bennett. You'd be ok risking that? You may need him come playoff time.

I'd rather save the 9 games for the playoffs.

Just saying.

I am game :)

If it comes to that, we kinda sorta have great forward depth in the AHL and juniors to call on.

Goodrow played for us all year last season and he might not make the team.

I am kinda scared the Mooseheads are going to trade Timo to be honest. We got a rebuild again maybe :(

Would figure we trade him after the Sharks draft him so I can no longer watch him ...... :(

tumblr_npy20zk8Hs1t0uurro1_500.gif

Gonna be fun seeing how Arnaud Durandeau, Flower Walter(errr, Walter Flower) and Ilya Putintsev do in the next 2 years.

Archived