Current Rangers Roster info

Struve

See below (you may have to click on it?) for what the Rangers have going on.  I've compiled a Roster of 25 players below.  Obviously, we can only go with a max of 23, and typically travel with 22...but the vast majority of the players I've listed have one-way contracts and are shoe-ins ... or will at least be fighting for the 13th F and 7th D spots.  I honestly think there is a strong possibility the Rangers carry 23 players this year.  The 23rd man would be a D-man.  So, we'd have 2 spare D and 1 spare F traveling with the Big Club.  Just a feeling I have...I can't back it up with anything I've heard.  Anyway, it's easy to see that we can drop only two guys and still fit under the cap if Stepan signs at 6.5 mil (that is what I penciled him in for).  We could also pay him 6.75 and still be fine in regards to carrying 23.

Also, the number to the left of each player is the number of years left in their contracts.  As you can see, we'll have 13 guys playing in 2015-16 on the last year of their contract. Crazy stuff.  Feel free to discuss.  :)

8v4PQMB.jpg

The trade of Hagelin still surprised me (and most Ranger fans as well) and I understand the monetary end of the game but to me he is an up and comer, a middle nine winger with upside, I understand Kreider has surpassed him in that role but St. Louis hanging up the skates and allowing Hagelin to get away seems to have thinned the forward ranks a bit.

• 5 months later...

NY Rangers traded Carl Hagelin, a 2nd and a 6th round selections in 2015 to the Anaheim Ducks for Emerson Etem and a 2nd round selection in 2015

It looks like the Rangers got fleeced in that deal after trading him again today.

Archived