Last forward for this roster?

Matt-Cullen.jpg

With the signing of Matt Cullen a few days ago, the Penguins need at least one more forward on their roster to service a full team. Who should the Penguins sign? They have about $2.0 mil to work with right now, but they do have 8 defenseman. One could be sent down to the minors or traded to free up space.

Personally I would go with one of the baby Pens and keep the little bit of cap space in case they need it to fill another spot down the road. Too many question marks, a need for a middle pair d-man at the deadline may be critical to this team.

Yes, but you could get a cheap forward like Cullen. Another $800,000 deal might be cheaper than an EL contract from WBS. David Moss could be an interesting addition to the bottom six for that price. Plus that gives prospects more time to develop into NHL players.

If you want a center, I'd go Mike Santorelli....a winger....I think Brad Boyes would be pretty effective in a Pens uniform. He could play on the 2nd pp....hell, if you throw him on a line with Sid, Brad could still get 70 pts I'd bet. If you want a better all round guy, Curtis Glencross would be a real nice fit.

Archived