EA Sports Predicts NHL Champions, Playoff Seeding, and Award Winners

klindsey

post-1610-0-60043000-1444336982_thumb.jp

I always find these things interesting. By no means do I hang a hat on them, but I think it's cool. In case you don't want to watch the video, I'll post the award winners and Stanley Cup matchup below. Think any of these will come true? 

Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy: Alex Ovechkin

James Norris Memorial Trophy: Shea Weber

Vezina Trophy: Carey Price

Hart Trophy: Sidney Crosby

Art Ross Trophy: Sidney Crosby

Ted Lindsay Award: Sidney Crosby

Calder Memorial Trophy: Conner McDavid

Stanley Cup Finals Matchup: Anaheim Ducks vs. Montreal Canadien

Hmmm....Montreal in the Finals, eh?

Only if Alexander Semin can be bothered to give a damn....   ;)

@klindsey and I are at work right now, and when I saw that, I told him I'll never put my faith in the Habs again. At least not until I see some serious changes.

@klindsey and I are at work right now, and when I saw that, I told him I'll never put my faith in the Habs again. At least not until I see some serious changes.

I will admit, the Habs have a good enough team to contend.

But really, they still have the same problem as last year: Where are the goals going to come from besides Max Pac and Plekanec?

Enter Alexander Semin, who has the potential, POTENTIAL, to be the kind of goal scorer the Habs haven't had since...well, since I can't really remember when.

But then, the Caps thought he would be a consistent producer, as did the Canes, and well, here we are.

Obviously, Semin by himself won't get it done either, but if Max Pac, Plekanac, Semin, then some young guys step up their production, Montreal may have something there.

You know you will get good goaltending and the overall defensive structure is pretty sound, but unless the Canadiens can put the puck in the net, it will be the same ol song n dance for these guys.

I can buy the Ducks in the Finals, heck, some argue they should have been there last year.

But even though they are loaded up and ready to go, they will face some stiff competition, starting with their own re-tooled division, and continuing on with some hungry (and capable) teams out of the Central.

I can buy the Ducks in the Finals, heck, some argue they should have been there last year.
But even though they are loaded up and ready to go, they will face some stiff competition, starting with their own re-tooled division, and continuing on with some hungry (and capable) teams out of the Central.

I agree with that. Anaheim has a great roster, even as a new fan like myself though, I know we are in a tough division. very excited for Saturday! 

I will admit, the Habs have a good enough team to contend.

But really, they still have the same problem as last year: Where are the goals going to come from besides Max Pac and Plekanec?

Enter Alexander Semin, who has the potential, POTENTIAL, to be the kind of goal scorer the Habs haven't had since...well, since I can't really remember when.

But then, the Caps thought he would be a consistent producer, as did the Canes, and well, here we are.

Obviously, Semin by himself won't get it done either, but if Max Pac, Plekanac, Semin, then some young guys step up their production, Montreal may have something there.

You know you will get good goaltending and the overall defensive structure is pretty sound, but unless the Canadiens can put the puck in the net, it will be the same ol song n dance for these guys.

My gut says that Semin will be closer to his performance of last season than the Semin of old. I have no faith in the guy anymore. I think we're in another year where Price will have to carry the team. What are the odds of that happening twice in a row? As great as Price is, I'd say they're slim. It's a bit much to ask a guy to have back-to-back career years like that.

As for the Ducks, I'm still far from sold on the Pacific Division. I think they win it, but I think the Flames will push them a little more. I think the Flames win in the playoffs, though. We saw how much of a role defensive play took on in the playoffs this summer, and that'll be Calgary's strength. I won't be shocked if the Ducks win the Cup, but I'm not as high on them as many.

Hmmm....Montreal in the Finals, eh?

Only if Alexander Semin can be bothered to give a damn....   ;)

Trust me on this - the Habs as a team are overrated. They should change the name of the team to "The Carey Prices".

They will go as far as Carey can "carry" them......

Archived