1st game

notfondajane

I'm guessing they will play well. That's usually the case the first game a new coach coaches. It's the games after that you gotta worry about.....

In the case of this particular team, IMHO, they have lots of talent and should be playing better than they have been so far this year.

Good move for the Pens changing coaches now, they did the same a few years ago with Therrien/Bylsma and it certainly did wonders for them (Grrrr) in 2009. The Penguins desperately need something, and like the saying is it is easier to fire the coach than fire 20 players. I never understood the hiring of the college and junior coaches with little if any pro experience. It has never made sense to me. Sullivan IMHO is a million times a better choice than Johnston and his Junior hockey coaching career. Sullivan has been around the NHL forever and will earn the respect of the veteran clubhouse.

Good move for the Pens changing coaches now, they did the same a few years ago with Therrien/Bylsma and it certainly did wonders for them (Grrrr) in 2009. The Penguins desperately need something, and like the saying is it is easier to fire the coach than fire 20 players. I never understood the hiring of the college and junior coaches with little if any pro experience. It has never made sense to me. Sullivan IMHO is a million times a better choice than Johnston and his Junior hockey coaching career. Sullivan has been around the NHL forever and will earn the respect of the veteran clubhouse.
I'm guessing that J.R. was hoping that his numbers would be as good in the N.H.L.! So much for that idea! (You got lucky in '08.) :(

Archived