Finally... A Good Night

ScottM

turris-jpeg2-0.jpg

Tonight's game against the Leafs gave quite a positives for the Senators -- something that has been badly needed as of late. First and foremost, the bleeding was stopped, and it was stopped against the team's biggest rivals in emphatic fashion: a 6-1 win over the Leafs. That the win was desperately needed is obvious when considering the face that Ottawa had dropped five of their previous six games.

Speaking of that six game stretch, the Sens were without Kyle Turris during that stretch, and he returned tonight. It is not difficult to find difficulties in Ottawa right now, and it seems unlikely that Turris's return alone will be the fix-all, but nonetheless, getting him back should be a nice boost. No team loses its first line center and does not feel the effects, and the Senators have proven that. It's a well-known fact that his recent performances have not been up to par, but at the very least, he restores depth (something the team desperately lacks), and logic says it is only a matter of time before he returns to form.

There were some nice stats in tonight's game as well. First and foremost, Craig Anderson, who has struggled greatly as of late, stopped 26 of 27 shots. Mark Stone, whose goal scoring has failed to impress lately scored his second goal in as many games. Curtis Lazar, who had fallen short of the expectations after last season's strong finish managed two goals. And last, but not least. Erik Karlsson's four assist performance gave him sole possession of the lead league in that stat, and put him into second place in the scoring race, as his scoring pace moved back above 90 points.

As a Senators fan, I cannot help but hope that this will be the game that helps get the team back on track. There are plenty of positives to draw from it, so it seems like the perfect opportunity for a shot in the arm. As difficult as things have been lately in Ottawa, the Senators find themselves only five points out of a playoff spot, which is a far cry from the 14 point gap they made up last season. This team is far from being out of contention, and if this game proves to be a turning point, they should be in fine shape.

You're welcome for Stone. I finally broke down and traded him in fantasy (it would have been Turris, but he was on IR).  It is a scientifically proven fact that it is for this reason--and this reason alone--that Stone has goals and assists in each of his last two games since my trade  

Again i say, "You're welcome!" 

6 hours ago, ruxpin said:

You're welcome for Stone. I finally broke down and traded him in fantasy (it would have been Turris, but he was on IR).  It is a scientifically proven fact that it is for this reason--and this reason alone--that Stone has goals and assists in each of his last two games since my trade  

Again i say, "You're welcome!" 

3 games :)

Archived