Vanek?

brelic

17 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

Loui Eriksson? Probably cheaper than Vanek, no? 

He's probably just below Lucic and Ladd as far as what he will get on the open market. Vanek's not even close. And Eriksson will get a 4-5 year term.

Why not just keep Schenn up on the LW? People like to point to Luke's trade as the time when he started to really get going, but that's also about the time he started playing LW full time on the top line. He had 26 goals last year. Why move him down in favor of a guy who hasn't put up that many since 2011-2012?

25 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Why not just keep Schenn up on the LW? People like to point to Luke's trade as the time when he started to really get going, but that's also about the time he started playing LW full time on the top line. He had 26 goals last year. Why move him down in favor of a guy who hasn't put up that many since 2011-2012?

Exactly. Hextall may very well choose that course of action. Keep Schenn/G/Simmer or Voracek up top, and have Coots/Simmer or Voracek on the 2nd line with someone else on LW - Raffl, Read, Konecny, Aube-Kubel.

I go for the young option.

Jimmy Vesey to a max ELC deal and full of high paying incentive....and the chance to win a spot alongside G and Jake???

Maybe try to sign undrafted Vladimir Kuznetsov a left hand shot who can play either wing.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=309244

This kid still needs more development but he could be a nice free agent option.

Here is a list of free agents at forward for each team....

http://www.eliteprospects.com/free_agent_pool.php?status=forwards&nation=&LeagueID=NHL

on defense...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/free_agent_pool.php?status=defensemen&nation=&LeagueID=NHL

not the best list because it doesn't show UFA or RFA but it is a start at a glance.

On 6/28/2016 at 0:50 PM, brelic said:

So, I'm not saying Vanek is my target - but I like the *idea* of Vanek because he can had for cheap, and short-term. Despite his shortcomings, he's a known goal-scoring quantity. And the Flyers have trouble scoring goals. 

to me, the problem is that vanek, as has been mentioned, is inconsistent and streaky.  the flyers need goal scoring, but more to the point, they need reliable goal scoring.  a goal every few games, not 2 goals in a game every 2 weeks.  his effort level and lack of attention to detail can't provide the kind of consistency this team needs.  and, as has also been mentioned, that same effort level and lack of attention to detail makes him an active negative on the team during the 7 game scoreless periods between outbursts.

i don't know what the answer is, but it isn't vanek.

Archived