Top Defensive Players by Defensive Errors - Leafs Leaders - 2016-17

WordsOfWisdom

Thought TO should win this one in every way, Chicago has great goalie, great d and 3 great forwards but TO outshot 39 to 26 and Andersen again has to save the day.

Poor effort.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, hobie said:

Thought TO should win this one in every way, Chicago has great goalie, great d and 3 great forwards but TO outshot 39 to 26 and Andersen again has to save the day.

Poor effort.

I was thinking "yay, we made it to OT, another point" and then came the loss. The net result was that the Leafs lost the game, but the NHL has managed to make fans happy about losing. The NHL has turned losing into a participation badge. Fans don't like ties (allegedly) but they like when their team loses, as long as it happens in OT.  If they could change the points system so that the losing team gets 2 points in OT, we'd be all set.

What did you think of the green uniforms?  :IDunnoSmiley:

30 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I was thinking "yay, we made it to OT, another point" and then came the loss. The net result was that the Leafs lost the game, but the NHL has managed to make fans happy about losing. The NHL has turned losing into a participation badge. Fans don't like ties (allegedly) but they like when their team loses, as long as it happens in OT.  If they could change the points system so that the losing team gets 2 points in OT, we'd be all set.

What did you think of the green uniforms?  :IDunnoSmiley:

I had a hard time reading the numbers, love my blue and white.

Totally different TO from the Chicago game, TO brought their game tonite thru all 60 minutes, no trying to hold on for a tie, was all in from beginning to end.

Great result, great game for Leaf fans.

Mar. 20: TOR vs BOS

1. Gardiner, Komarov, Zaitsev
  2. Soshnikov, Gardiner

Final score: 4-2 TOR.

Big games by the players that has been MIA on the Leafs for quite some time. Rielly has been on fire lately. Gardiner is saying "get me a new defence partner" lol.  Big win by the Leafs. :) 

38 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Mar. 20: TOR vs BOS

1. Gardiner, Komarov, Zaitsev
  2. Soshnikov, Gardiner

Big games by the players that has been MIA on the Leafs for quite some time. Rielly has been on fire lately. Gardiner is saying "get me a new defence partner" lol.  Big win by the Leafs. :) 

Yes, this is the Rielly TO needs.

That first goal was troubling, 4 of TO's oldest players were on the ice yet they were all puck watching which should be something experience should have cured them of.

This is the type of game TO needs to make the playoffs, no sitting back trying to nurse a lead, constant pressure, getting possession resulting in scoring opportunities is how TO played the last 2 games with great results.

10 hours ago, hobie said:

That first goal was troubling, 4 of TO's oldest players were on the ice yet they were all puck watching which should be something experience should have cured them of.

This is the type of game TO needs to make the playoffs, no sitting back trying to nurse a lead, constant pressure, getting possession resulting in scoring opportunities is how TO played the last 2 games with great results.

The Leafs have to hope that they can secure a top 3 division spot -- if they make it.

I would gladly take my chances with Ottawa or Montreal (even though the Leafs don't play well against Montreal). The Sens and Habs are both flawed teams and they're very beatable. Toronto could actually win a first round series against one of those two. If they run into Washington, Pittsburgh, or Columbus in the first round, it would be a brutal defeat. 

(In all fairness to Columbus, they weren't playing for anything in this game. They've secured a playoff spot and they're just running out the clock on the season waiting for the playoffs to begin.) :)

Mar. 23: TOR vs NJD

1. McElHinney
  2. Hunwick, C. Carrick, Rielly

The only blemishes in this game were the softie by McElHinney, Hunwick's penalty, Carrick's giveaway, and Rielly having the tough break of redirecting that second goal into the Leafs net off his skate. 

This is an incredible run the Leafs are on. I never would have called this. :)

Me either WOW. During this latest small win streak, they have lost a 2-goal lead and won, played back-to-back and won, had a bad goal early in a game and won. Nothing has phased them - so far. How a bout first place??? :horn:

Mar. 28: TOR vs FLA

1. Nylander, Matthews
  2. Gardiner, Polak, Hunwick

Final score: 3-2 TOR.

1: Nylander backs in, gives too much space. Matthews loses his man.

2: Penalty by Gardiner. Polak and Hunwick are out of position here and lose coverage on the rebound.

Huge win by the Leafs! Matthews makes Leafs history! :)

Liked what I saw from Kappy last night PKed, 11:38 TOI, blocked shots, his speed was noticeable, had 2 shots, went to the opposition's net!

Archived