Top Defensive Players by Defensive Errors - Leafs Leaders - 2016-17

WordsOfWisdom

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BluPuk said:

I think we were lucky to get a point. :bonkingheadonwall:

My workload has tripled in the past week or so reporting all these errors. These 5 and 6 goal games are killing me.  :dizzysmiley-1:

The numbers were starting to look so good in mid to late January and now they've fallen off a cliff, piling up errors at an alarming rate. 

10 hours ago, hobie said:

Andersen's save% since the all-star break is like 0.888 or before that so the question is, is it him or is the d regresssing.

Probably both.:whiteflag: 

Andersen hasn't played well + he's not getting any help. I'd say both. Agreed.  

There you go Words, less guys to point out today. The d was quite physical tonite made Dallas pay to play in front of McE. Good to see and a well earned victory.

15 hours ago, BluPuk said:

Well, we got a point. St. Louis is a good team. We have to want it more than them.....

Slowly but surely the Leafs are cashing in some points with that huge advantage in games that they had. I don't know if they'll make the playoffs or not but there are a lot of good pieces to build on for next season. :)

1 hour ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Feb. 11: TOR vs BUF

1. Andersen
  2. Gardiner, Polak
  3. Bozak, Smith, Marner

Final score: 3-1 BUF.

A terribly slow start kills the Leafs tonight. They sleep-walked through the first period. So much for all these games in hand.

Don't you think Carrick's perfect position on the first goal blocked Andersen from seeing the puck?

8 hours ago, hobie said:

Don't you think Carrick's perfect position on the first goal blocked Andersen from seeing the puck?

It's a partial screen perhaps, but Carrick is boxing out the Sabres player that is moving toward the net. He shoves him off to clear a path. Unfortunately, the faceoff play happens so quickly that the shot is already being taken. It's a bit of a tough break for Andersen, but as is always the case, the player "most responsible" gets the DE, and in this case it was Andersen. 

Realistically, the center is to blame for losing the draw so cleanly, but that goes into faceoff stats and doesn't have anything to do with defensive coverage. 

:)

2 hours ago, BluPuk said:

Babcock is beginning to sound really pissed. Man, there were a lot of fly-by's, and weak efforts out there. There is no excuse for it at this point. Marner was a stud yet again.....

The Leafs are really squandering these extra games they had, and they're not winning these key games against divisional opponents. Buffalo could have been down and out, but now they're back in the mix again. You just can't get rid of anyone in the standings. You can win 5 straight games and not put any distance between you and the teams behind you, and not gain on the teams in front of you. Then you lose one or two and everyone is even again. 

The Sabres own the Leafs, and they're going to own that final playoff spot if the Leafs don't start showing up for Buffalo Sabres games. :rage:

Now is the time to have a win streak - not a losing streak. I am almost ready to give up on this version of the Leafs because of inconsistency. You have to show up for every game and if you lose playing your best, so be it. But, if you don't show up for every game, then you don't deserve it anyway. So far, I have not seen that determination to win every game in this Leafs team - some players, yes, but that's simply not good enough. This team needs a leader who will make every player be responsible a guy like a Toews......  dream on. Maybe Marner?? 

On 2/13/2017 at 8:43 AM, BluPuk said:

Now is the time to have a win streak - not a losing streak. I am almost ready to give up on this version of the Leafs because of inconsistency. You have to show up for every game and if you lose playing your best, so be it. But, if you don't show up for every game, then you don't deserve it anyway. So far, I have not seen that determination to win every game in this Leafs team - some players, yes, but that's simply not good enough. This team needs a leader who will make every player be responsible a guy like a Toews......  dream on. Maybe Marner?? 

This is one of those seasons where a playoff spot is there for the taking to anyone who wants it in the Atlantic division. It's the weakest division I can ever remember. The Leafs could easily grab a spot and get blown out in the first round of the playoffs again or they could easily miss and get another draft lottery pick.  

It really ticks me off that they have to lose to Barfalo before they can play well...... :mad:

Consistency is what these guys need......

PS - That was one of the worst calls (the penalty shot) I have ever seen. We should give Hunwick a pass..... Can you blame the ref??? 

10 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

It really ticks me off that they have to lose to Barfalo before they can play well...... :mad:

Consistency is what these guys need......

PS - That was one of the worst calls (the penalty shot) I have ever seen. We should give Hunwick a pass..... Can you blame the ref??? 

Sadly no, the ref is immune to defensive errors.  :hocky:

Archived