Devils night

notfondajane

4 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Pens need to preform an exorcism tonight.  Especially after a pathetic performance against against a Flyers team that was in need of an ass kicking! 

I'm not holding too much water in regards to the Flyers game Jane.  Remember, the Pens were on the tail end of a 5 game trip,  and also got their trip mucked up with the snowstorm such that they flew from Calgary to Pittsburgh on Tuesday and then woke up and traveled from Pitt to Philly on Wed prior to the game.   That plus all the injuries and they were a tired team.  And it showed, the Flyers jumped on the forecheck and pressured the Pens all night.  They just couldn't handle it. 

Rested tonight at home, I think they'll do much better. 

22 hours ago, nossagog said:

Well a win is a win, even if its against the devils.  But being without Letang,Maatta,Daly,Hainsey,Malkin,Rust and Hagelin,  I'll take it. 

And that is it, with that many players out it is just a matter of riding it out and trying to get well before the playoffs. The Penguins are still in the running for the Presidents trophy so a little perspective goes a long way. Looking at Washington and Columbus who have been relatively injury free compared to your Penguins and only a point ahead in the games best division (by far).

All three have to give it all to go for the Division title, lets be honest, would you rather face either Columbus or Washington OR would you rather draw the Islanders or Leafs? The Pens are a bit behind the eight ball with the injuries and I think they are the least likely of the three to win the division with the injuries mounting but the fact that they are only one point out at this point is insane. What a great organization with the Worlds greatest player leading the way.

12 hours ago, yave1964 said:

And that is it, with that many players out it is just a matter of riding it out and trying to get well before the playoffs. The Penguins are still in the running for the Presidents trophy so a little perspective goes a long way. Looking at Washington and Columbus who have been relatively injury free compared to your Penguins and only a point ahead in the games best division (by far).

All three have to give it all to go for the Division title, lets be honest, would you rather face either Columbus or Washington OR would you rather draw the Islanders or Leafs? The Pens are a bit behind the eight ball with the injuries and I think they are the least likely of the three to win the division with the injuries mounting but the fact that they are only one point out at this point is insane. What a great organization with the Worlds greatest player leading the way.

Yeah, its been weird because for the last three seasons the Pens have fought the injury bug running into the playoffs.   Difference this year is that they have quite a cushion and we don't really have to worry about not making the dance completely.   Luckily they've had a stretch where many of their games have been against lower tier teams, so they've been able to collect points. 

On 3/17/2017 at 10:00 PM, nossagog said:

Well a win is a win, even if its against the devils.  But being without Letang,Maatta,Daly,Hainsey,Malkin,Rust and Hagelin,  I'll take it. 

Yes I agree! Let's hope for 2 points against the Sabres!

16 hours ago, yave1964 said:

I'm thinking for some reason the Pens want to play Columbus in the first round. The Islanders and Maple Leafs seem to have our number whenever it comes to the playoffs. It has been a good long time since the Pens and Leafs played each other in the playoffs. 

The Islanders lost only once to the Pens  (2013) and that was suspect? 

Archived