Ranger made big mistake giving Alain Vigneault an extension

Paparanger

17 minutes ago, Paparanger said:

I have no doubt that the Rangers will win another cup before I die. They just won't do it with AV at the helm. He will always be the guy who came in second.

Could you please elaborate?

I am not particularly partial to Vigneault, but I DO notice he gets his teams to play up-tempo type hockey and ALWAYS seems to have them in the mix for the playoffs.

Sure, he like Bruce Boudreau, can't seem to win that championship (at least, neither has done it yet), but I am thinking the Rangers could certainly do worse than have Vigneault running the team from behind the bench.

Why in your opinion is he bad for the Rangers' chances to win a Cup?

His track record? How he manages players? Attitudes towards winning/losing/player accountability? Something else?

On 5/3/2017 at 6:10 PM, Paparanger said:

I have no doubt that the Rangers will win another cup before I die. They just won't do it with AV at the helm. He will always be the guy who came in second.

I surely didn't expect the Senators to end their playoffs. Maybe there are things AV could have done to change it up but I don't think Lundqvist had that great of a series either.

@Paparanger

I think the Rangers have more issues to deal with at this time than Vigneault at the helm.  Their defense is now past their prime including the King himself.  They need to get rid of Dan Girardi and a buyout probably makes the most sense as the 33 year old defenseman can't keep up with the speed of the new NHL.  Right now it appears that the Rangers must protect both Girardi and Staal since they both have NMC in the expansion draft.  They really need to get rid of one or even both of them.  

Archived