Pens and Sens

!Game 6 tonight at 8 p.m. 

I'm hoping for a another shut down performance from the Pens tonight!  Again I would start Murray just to be sure Pittsburgh will have a good chance of doing that!

I'm sorry I have little confidence in the Flower tho he as played well in most of these 2017 playoffs!

3 hours ago, notfondajane said:

!Game 6 tonight at 8 p.m. 

I'm hoping for a another shut down performance from the Pens tonight!  Again I would start Murray just to be sure Pittsburgh will have a good chance of doing that!

I'm sorry I have little confidence in the Flower tho he as played well in most of these 2017 playoffs!

I think you are sage with regards to Murray.

I think the key is the first 10 minutes. Ottawa is going to throw everything and the kitchen sink at the Pens right out of the gate. If the game is tied or the Pens have the lead midway through the first I think you'll see the Sens wither. They clearly packed it in on Sunday.

8 hours ago, B21 said:

I think you are sage with regards to Murray.

I think the key is the first 10 minutes. Ottawa is going to throw everything and the kitchen sink at the Pens right out of the gate. If the game is tied or the Pens have the lead midway through the first I think you'll see the Sens wither. They clearly packed it in on Sunday.

Yes I would agree with you! The Senators are going to be a desperate team! I'm hoping Murray/ Fleury could come out strong!

I think that Murray is the better of the two and Fleury has played well for the most part in the 2017 playoffs

43 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

Off to another Stanley Cup Final. Well done, and good luck. I hope both teams have enough left for a good final.

Thanks, I believe they will!

The only thing I'm curious about is how the layoff is going to affect Nashville? It should be entertaining series! Go Pens!

2 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Thanks, I believe they will!

The only thing I'm curious about is how the layoff is going to affect Nashville? It should be entertaining series! Go Pens!

This. At the end of the day this turns into a real long layoff for the Predators and "nice" 3-day layoff for the Pens. Just enough to maybe get a little healthier but not "too" long as to get rusty. 

Rumor heard on The Fan this morning....it's broken ribs that had been keeping Schultz out. 

4 hours ago, B21 said:

This. At the end of the day this turns into a real long layoff for the Predators and "nice" 3-day layoff for the Pens. Just enough to maybe get a little healthier but not "too" long as to get rusty. 

Rumor heard on The Fan this morning....it's broken ribs that had been keeping Schultz out. 

Two things.  First about the layoff. All kinds of people make a big deal out of it, I don't put anything into it.   But if you like meaningless stats, there was one on ESPN this morning.  It was something like eight times that a conference title went seven games and the opposite went less that seven.   Every time, the team that went to seven games won the cup.  

On Shultz, I saw that on twitter somewhere this morning.  Would be surprising to me as he only missed a few games.  Broken ribs would be extremely hard to play hockey with seeing as you are constantly being hit. 

4 hours ago, nossagog said:

Two things.  First about the layoff. All kinds of people make a big deal out of it, I don't put anything into it.   But if you like meaningless stats, there was one on ESPN this morning.  It was something like eight times that a conference title went seven games and the opposite went less that seven.   Every time, the team that went to seven games won the cup.  

On Shultz, I saw that on twitter somewhere this morning.  Would be surprising to me as he only missed a few games.  Broken ribs would be extremely hard to play hockey with seeing as you are constantly being hit. 

High dose of painkiller! Ouch I know that is extremely painful  (no pun intended) 

Archived