The Road to a Stanley Cup is through Philadelphia

20 minutes ago, radoran said:

I don't really think the Blackhawks care and I don't think I would, either. You gotta play the team on the other side of the ice, no matter who it is.

The Pens will hear about this "no goal" for years to come, just as the Stars still live with "no goal" (they even referenced it when they hired Ruff).

I can't think of another sport that has these kind of problems. Eric Gregg's strike zone maybe? But even that was a NLCS...

I think every sport has this stuff.  Strike zones are a big one.  Remember the tuck rule?  Hell just about anything having to do with the Patriots in the last 17 years.  

I don't follow basketball anymore because my mind can't handle being numbed like that.  I think basketball is only fun in person. It absolutely bores me to tears on television.  Anyway, I think the travellng, charging B.S. that developed in the late 90's was a big thing, but I have no idea what goes on in that sport anymore.  

10 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I think every sport has this stuff.  Strike zones are a big one.  Remember the tuck rule?  Hell just about anything having to do with the Patriots in the last 17 years.  

I don't follow basketball anymore because my mind can't handle being numbed like that.  I think basketball is only fun in person. It absolutely bores me to tears on television.  Anyway, I think the travellng, charging B.S. that developed in the late 90's was a big thing, but I have no idea what goes on in that sport anymore.  

I guess there is the question of "what is a catch?" in the NFL now, too.

But, aside from your well-remembered "tuck", I don't immediately recall any championships having a real cloud over them. OK, maybe the Pats/Eagles and the video controversy, but that wasn't a call "on the field."

I'm with you on pro basketball. I just don't find it remotely watchable these days. And baseball is interminably boring, too.

On 6/11/2017 at 11:19 PM, LegionOfDoom said:

Yet another ex Flyer hoists the Cup.

Congratulations Mark Streit. You can now retire on top.

If I'm Hextall this is my marketing campaign for teams I'm trying to unload MacDonald onto.

"Take my D-man... you'll make it at least as far as the finals... where you'll just have to hope you don't run into a team that took another one of my D-men."

Archived