Samsonov

Trefilov22

Where does Grubauer not being taken by the Golden Knights leave Ilya Samsonov?  I think he has another year left on his KHL contract, but I was under the thinking that the Capitals were going to bring him over to the NHL when it was up?  And if that is the case, is Grubauer's days in Washington done?  Shouldn't they be looking to move him now to try to get ROI?

20 minutes ago, Trefilov22 said:

Where does Grubauer not being taken by the Golden Knights leave Ilya Samsonov?  I think he has another year left on his KHL contract, but I was under the thinking that the Capitals were going to bring him over to the NHL when it was up?  And if that is the case, is Grubauer's days in Washington done?  Shouldn't they be looking to move him now to try to get ROI?

Seems he would get some time in the AHL to if for no other reason give them time to figure that position and where it is going out.

I'm not sure if he would be willing to make a move from KHL to the AHL, at least money wise...  Although Grubauer has only a 1 year contract, but I Think he will still be restricted after this season as well.

42 minutes ago, Trefilov22 said:

I'm not sure if he would be willing to make a move from KHL to the AHL, at least money wise...  Although Grubauer has only a 1 year contract, but I Think he will still be restricted after this season as well.

Why wouldn't he? He is only 20 and turns 21 come the turn of the year?

The most games he has played in a KHL season is 27.

Why not ease him into things instead of throwing him into the fire?

Why not set him up for success instead of risking damaging him?

Zero neer to rush the kid.

Just my 2 cents.

Let him get adjusted in the AHL advance him from there when he shows he is ready.

No harm in that.

No I agree with that.  I honestly know not a lot about him or how he feels money wise.  Although with Moscow Dynamo folding, who knows where that leaves the rest of the KHL.  I personally would be looking for stability financially, thus making a move to North America more appealing.

13 minutes ago, Trefilov22 said:

No I agree with that.  I honestly know not a lot about him or how he feels money wise.  Although with Moscow Dynamo folding, who knows where that leaves the rest of the KHL.  I personally would be looking for stability financially, thus making a move to North America more appealing.

Well bottom line is he is going to make a lot of money to begin with because he will be on a 3 year entry level deal.

But how he performs will certainly have a bearing on how much he makes on his 2nd contract.

I mean he will have encentives in the entry level deal which can elevate his pay but he ain't coming over and signing no Carey Price deal off the bat no matter how good he is to start.

• 8 months later...
On 8/8/2017 at 8:45 PM, Trefilov22 said:

Yeah I'd say Grubauer will play on another team next season. I can even see the Caps dealing him prior to free agency.  Samsonov signed a 3-year entry deal and will likely be Holtby's back up next season unless he spends a year in the AHL.

• 1 month later...

Grubauer I believe is still an RFA which provides some value, and he finished out the season (minus his two playoff starts) fairly well.  He would be a starter on a lot of teams...

Archived