Fleury and Knights best Penguins 2-1

yave1964

Marc Andre Fleury Image result for marc andre fleury knightsfaced off against the Pittsburgh Penguins and his protégé Matt Murray last night in a highly anticipated matchup featuring two goalies returning from injuries like to beat up gunslingers in the Wild West facing off. Fleury and his Golden Knights got the better of Murray and his Pens 2-1.

Other than a goal by Ian Cole in the first Fleury played Image result for marc andre fleury knightsa blemish free game, the scoring started when James Neal another former Pen scored his 15th of the year. The game winner for Vegas came in the third when Jon Merrill potted his first halfway through the game and the Knights held on from there. "I am a little relieved to tell you the truth." said a grinning Fleury after the game.

I just watched this game with the miracle of DVR, truth be told I haven't watched much of the Knights so far this year, I wanted to see exactly how the heck this club keeps winning. They are hands down bar none the best expansion team in NHL history, the question of how has been bothering me, a bunch of retreads, suspect prospects and never weres dot the roster.

What I saw was this: they seldom carry the play, being content to drop five into coverage, every man knowing he has to play defense and protect, they pass out of their zone and wait for the other team to be caught in a line change and then carry the puck out and into the offensive zone then and the moment Pittsburgh would regain possession Vegas would immediately go back into their defense first mentality. They played a very sound solid game and took what Pittsburgh gave them. The Pens owned them in the faceoff dot but the telling stat was the Knights outhit them 27-11 and really that sums it up, every inch of ice inside of the blue line was contested. The Knights were proactive in their defensive zone forcing the play and the puck out. Good solid if a bit boring hockey but I would rather win a snoozer than to lose a thriller any day of the week.

Galant deserves credit for taking the 'talent' he received in the draft and playing to their strengths rather than try to slug it out with the big boys and lose nightly they play a tight disciplined game and wait for their spot. So far it is working and now their goalie is back in the fold.

Pfft...yea, that Gallant guy.... he don't know nuthin bout coaching.

Why, the Panthers saw right through him...sent him packing, didn't even bother sending an executive car for him.... just left him on the side of the road to hitch his way back to Broward County to pack his stuff.

Panthers management is wise. They know a fraud when they see one.

All one has to do is look at the current state of the Panthers and Knights and one can CLEARLY see...... ummm, err.... oh wait....

Nevermind..... :ph34r:

Archived