Noise

blocker

Almost every town now has a really nice arena.  Lots of locker rooms and amenities.  Clean shiny floors,  concrete bleachers, and no soul.

I miss the days when you parked your car at the  rink, opened the door and smelled the delicious reek of greasy  french fries.  The bleachers were made of splintered wood and there were empty popcorn bags underfoot.  There's nothing like the feeling of an old-time arena on hockey night.   The roar of hundreds of people having fun.  Walls that vibrated with the noise.

I like the new arenas, but I loved the old ones.   The new ones are too quiet.   

43 minutes ago, blocker said:

Almost every town now has a really nice arena.  Lots of locker rooms and amenities.  Clean shiny floors,  concrete bleachers, and no soul.

I miss the days when you parked your car at the  rink, opened the door and smelled the delicious reek of greasy  french fries.  The bleachers were made of splintered wood and there were empty popcorn bags underfoot.  There's nothing like the feeling of an old-time arena on hockey night.   The roar of hundreds of people having fun.  Walls that vibrated with the noise.

I like the new arenas, but I loved the old ones.   The new ones are too quiet.   

Not to mention some have to let the fans know when to cheer. WTF?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived