2019 Stanley Cup Odds--Flyers as Middle Tier

Howie58

Greetings:

Here is a first shot at Stanley Cup Odds for the coming year.  They were released last week.

https://www.getmoresports.com/on-eve-of-finals-2019-stanley-cup-futures-released/

I guess Vegas is not seen as fluke.  I might disagree.  

On the other hand, we are not in the top 10.  Here is another set:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/futures/

Again, we are not in the top 10.  

The cellar dwellers, like NY and Chicago, are interesting.  The "smart money" sees institutional decline.  As for the Flyers, I can't disagree.  This will be another year of lineup experimentation and the goal situation is too iffy.  

I'm not so sure a ton of thought took place for that list. IMO, the author chose all of the playoff contenders shook the dice and placed them basically back in 16 spots for the most part.  He didn't even include the entire league.  I could do the above and include all the teams, just saying... And like every year there are playoff teams that drop out of the playoffs the following season.

I'm not saying the Flyers odds are much different than where they are placed as there is still a big question mark in goal again. 

Why is Anaheim ranked as high as they are and which NY team are they actually talking about?  A lot of Washington's success next season could completely dependent upon John Carlson returning.  Calgary, Edmonton, Carolina and Florida are teams that could easily be in next years playoffs.

@Howie58 thanks for sharing!

I always see these articles as a bit misleading since we still have the draft and FA ahead.   I think the Flyers most likely will be where they were last year - fighting for a playoff spot.  I hope Hextall makes some moves to push this team forward but I have a feeling you are going to see a similar team.   A new 3C is in order and I hope he does not overpay for someone like Beagle.   

My gut reaction is Hextall continues building through the draft and remains status quo w/ the exception of our UFA group.   I am not sure we can expect G to have another year like last and the same could be said for Jake.   I would love to be wrong but I think Hextall remains fairly quiet again ---   and as @hf101 said:  there is that goalie issue that has plagued us for a long time.   Not very confident Hexy looks to bolster the goalie position and Neuvy will be out of commission after week 1 with a stubbed toe.  

I posted this last year. Their prediction for the Flyers was mid-tier as well. I think the decline of former powerhouses is interesting. All in, these folks aren't dodos. I think we are two seasons from being in the top 10.  Florida could be back; they ended the season on a high note and have a great core.  

Archived