Play Pick'em Daily Read more... ×

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
hf101

Zucker and Dumba file for Arbitration

3 hours ago, hf101 said:

Looks like both filed so let’s see how this goes. 

15 minutes ago, Valentine1618 said:

Looks like both filed so let’s see how this goes. 

Good thing about this is that any decisions will be made well in advance of training camp, so both Zucker and Dumba will be in camp.

Unless the Wild walk away from an award...

I wasn't really worried about them walking away.  Russo answered some questions in a mailbag article and felt that it might be prudent to hang onto them into the start of the season and get a better deal than to just trade anyone (let alone #16 or #24) just for the sake of making a trade.  I happen to agree with that logic.  

It will be interesting to see if the deals will prompt our team to have to dump salary somewhere to get cap compliant.  I can't imagine much space (if any) being left over after these two are signed.  

I might be wrong but I heard that last year, among all players filed for arbitration, only 1 actually went to it. All the others managed to get a deal with their respective teams.

Given that, could we be confident that deals are lileky to happen for Zucker & Dumba before the hearings ?

9 minutes ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

I might be wrong but I heard that last year, among all players filed for arbitration, only 1 actually went to it. All the others managed to get a deal with their respective teams.

Given that, could we be confident that deals are lileky to happen for Zucker & Dumba before the hearings ?

I don't think anyone likes to go to arbitration. From what I've read, it gets really nasty and even personal. To the point where players will have nothing to do with the team after the arbitration awarded contract year is up.

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I wasn't really worried about them walking away.  Russo answered some questions in a mailbag article and felt that it might be prudent to hang onto them into the start of the season and get a better deal than to just trade anyone (let alone #16 or #24) just for the sake of making a trade.  I happen to agree with that logic.  

It will be interesting to see if the deals will prompt our team to have to dump salary somewhere to get cap compliant.  I can't imagine much space (if any) being left over after these two are signed.  

I wonder if they have to go into the season with a 22-21 player bench like New Jersey had to for a while when they were over the cap...

22 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I don't think anyone likes to go to arbitration. From what I've read, it gets really nasty and even personal. To the point where players will have nothing to do with the team after the arbitration awarded contract year is up.

image.jpeg.5a47c29eec0fdf29251a70710a590227.jpeg  I'd love to be there to see it get personal...