Larkin Contract ( 5 year extension )

Fargocase

Sorry if this is being discussed somewhere else, but what do people think about a new contract for Larkin?  Is it going to be big money, long term?  A bridge contract?  How much?    Larkin is quoted as having no worries a deal will get done before Training Camp...

😄  I should have posted what I thought was fair and likely - 5 years, $6 mil per, $30 mil total.  I have to think Zucker's contract had a bearing on this deal.  

If I was a Wings fan I'd be happy.

Dylan Larkin signed a five year 30.5 million dollar deal.

“It’s a huge honor. To be playing in my hometown, to have this commitment of five years, to be a Red Wing for five more years,” Larkin, who was a restricted free agent, said on the conference call. “I feel really good about this contract getting done.”

I like it. Quite a lot in fact. He seems to have settled into a role as a leader on the team, a feisty playmaker who has 60-65 point seasons as his floor with upside from there. After struggling as a center his rookie year he has settled into the role and may have to step it up as the teams long term 1C if Zetterberg's wonky back forces him out of the lineup.  I like to envision him playing on a line with Zadina for the next decade. This is a solid move that caps off a wonderful offseason for the Wings. We are still miles away from contending but for the first time in at least five years I feel optimistic. 

• hf101 changed the title to Larkin Contract ( 5 year extension )

Archived