Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, Friday 10-19-18, 7:00pm, American Airlines Arena

CreaseAndAssist

Just finished watching the 3rd Period.  What an excellent game!  Beautiful, textbook deflection by Spezza.   IMO he was the Stars best player this game, he was doing good things before the goal.  Seguin and Benn neutralized!  First 10 minutes Dallas had the better play.  Last 10 minutes all Wild!

Greenway had a noticeably good 3rd period.   Used his size several times.   That's going to be his meal ticket in the NHL.    And he had a point blank shot from in front of the net on a nice pass by Coyle but was a little too close to Bishop.  Read also continued to play good IMO.   

I love watching the games on DVR because I can skip breaks but also watch the play over and over and over.   There was a lot going on when Dumba scored.  PArise crossed in front of Bishop and took a Dman with him.  Dumba was working on the half wall and deep into the offensive zone before he got the rebound.   And while Dumba was playing like a Forward, Mikko had dropped back and was covering the point.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Doobs stole that one 

Doobie played excellent and was Hasek-like at end of 2nd Period but this claim grossly disrespects an excellent game by the team.  MN was NOT out-played or dominated at all in this game.    It was an outstanding, defensively solid team effort - a perfect road game!

This game is a blue print for a very successful season.  They keep playing like this and good things will follow.

2 hours ago, Fargocase said:

IMO clear that Read on RW with Big E. and Zooker is an improvement over Greenway, too    Let Greenway continue to learn the game on the 3rd Line with Coyle.

Shop Nino for a 3rd Line Center...

I don't know if selling this low is wise.   And IMO, JEE needs a bit more of an opportunity at 3C.   

Archived