Don't be fooled by the last 3 games

trevluk

24 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Quennville is finally available...just sayin'

I would be making the call right now if I were Hextall.

But then again Hextall won't do it no matter *if* it is the right thing for the team's success -- now and in the future.  We beat a couple of teams that are/were in as bad as shape as us...     

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I know Arizona plays a pretty aggressive forechecking style now...actually they're pretty fun to watch.

Yes heading into last nights game the lead the NHL in goals against with 2.00.  

And that is because of the system Rick Tocchet has them playing very aggressive and they are getting outstanding goaltending.

Kuemper's  save percentage was 957% and Raanta's 929%!!!

And that is due to the system the team buying in and the goalies playing to expectations.

Pickard brought his 851% into last night's game. And he actually played the best game he had ever played in orange and black.

And he did what i would want any goalie to do make the routine saves and help erase the keystone kops in front of him's mistakes because they still had issues abound...Pickard just help erase them and didn't venture so far out his crease like he did in the Sharks game.

Now i am pretty sure Lyon sitting over there on the bench ready to take his spot should he falter had a WHOLE LOT to do with it too.

Lyon actually did he job just applying pressure to Pickard because i have to think had he got yanked it would be the end of his Flyer career.

6 hours ago, murraycraven said:

We beat a couple of teams that are/were in as bad as shape as us..

I'm not trying to discount this feat.

This club still has issues no doubt but one of them is lacking confidence. Maybe this restores that.

We'll see next game they get these same Yotes....i would expect Raanta to be in the crease for this one.

They still have issues on the PP and PK.

If it continues or the losing returns who knows what Ron does.

But beating those teams are still a huge accomplishment just due to the parity in the NHL you have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat and they did.

And they were a Jake OT turnover (i know shocker!) away from beating a Shark's team they shouldn't have beat.

By Christmas we will know better where this team is at.

Getting some guys back healthy will help.

Like Raffl and JVR plug those guys in and sit and Lehtera and Weise will help i think.

Archived