Wild vs. Maple Leafs 12/1/18 @ 6:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Time to see if the Zilla-McMahon Chinese food run strategy can work 4X in a row for the good guys. Carry on, soldiers: I should make it back around the 12 minute mark (assuming that drivers have recalled how to handle snow in Minnesota again...)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That 1st period was rough on our top two lines. they looked wishy-washy.

2nd period though they had a lot more scoring chances off the rush and added more pressure. Granny to Zucker... Whew, then Staal to Zucker, etc. Much better effort there.

Parise - Koivu - Coyle, not too bad and looked better but didn't have near the chances as Staal's line,

Our D-core tightened it up and our forwards started to get back better.

2 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

That 1st period was rough on our top two lines. they looked wishy-washy.

2nd period though they had a lot more scoring chances off the rush and added more pressure. Granny to Zucker... Whew, then Staal to Zucker, etc. Much better effort there.

Parise - Koivu - Coyle, not too bad and looked better but didn't have near the chances as Staal's line,

Our D-core tightened it up and our forwards started to get back better.

This is why the Wild are a good team but not a great team...

17 minutes ago, McMahon 6 said:

Time to see if the Zilla-McMahon Chinese food run strategy can work 4X in a row for the good guys. Carry on, soldiers: I should make it back around the 12 minute mark (assuming that drivers have recalled how to handle snow in Minnesota again...)

Well our snowblower is back in the shop......so we have an appliance sacrifice, so that has to count for something.

1 minute ago, rottenrefs said:

They did. First 10 seconds they get a shot off.

Koivu's line didn't even get a shot off last PP. (Staal's did with 20 seconds left.)

Staal's line: The Leafs are having a hell of a time containing them.

It’s like trying to teach an old dog new tricks with Koivu...he is what he is and he’s not changing...

Just now, IllaZilla said:

It’s like trying to teach an old dog new tricks with Koivu...he is what he is and he’s not changing...

I know. It's exasperating / frustrating / I usually get called a hater if I call him out for it. 

I don't know what the hell this team sees in him. 3-4 young no-talent players are cheaper and bring more options.

7 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

I know. It's exasperating / frustrating / I usually get called a hater if I call him out for it. 

I don't know what the hell this team sees in him. 3-4 young no-talent players are cheaper and bring more options.

Hang in there. One more season and he’ll retire...

Archived