DUMBA 2018/2019

WileyOz44

On 12/12/2018 at 10:58 PM, rottenrefs said:

I firmly believe the biggest difference with Dumba comes at coverage on the blue line when he pinches in or goes in deep.

Previous seasons he would 'go in' offensively and forwards (most of them) wouldn't drop back and cover the blue line. When Spurgeon or Suter go in deep (((someone))) drops back and covers their blue line. With Dumba they always hung him out to dry.

Late last year, Granlund started to drop back and cover his line, but he was about the only one. This year other players started dropping back. (About damn time!) Nino did too if the line he was on was out there. But it's not like Nino is all that good sealing off the blue line, but he did make attempts.

I'm not saying in previous years Dumba wasn't partially to blame if he went in deep and (got side-tracked) stayed deep for too long, but his competitiveness IMO really hasn't changed as much as others awareness finally catching on. Gee, it only took about 4 seasons for either the coaching staff or players like Koivu to recognize (and develop) some type of functional cycle to include his quick slapshot as an advantage to their team play.

I say Koivu because earlier this year he made a significant transition to draw back to the blue line to cover and a lot of others have caught on. For a couple years he's covered well for Spurgeon... Dropping back and it's been pretty successful. This year it's spread to Koivu, Coyle, Parise (occasionally), Ek, Fehr...

This is exactly what I have seen. It is about the Fs covering for his rush with the puck. It was always part of his game in the W.  I just think that the unwritten rule of some vets was that only the vet D should carry in, and they were surprised that Dumba has always done so.  Only this year, have they overtly covered for him. 

20 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

This is exactly what I have seen. It is about the Fs covering for his rush with the puck. It was always part of his game in the W.  I just think that the unwritten rule of some vets was that only the vet D should carry in, and they were surprised that Dumba has always done so.  Only this year, have they overtly covered for him. 

Thanks, but careful though... fargocase will say you're stupid for noting the same thing; as he's fabricated it's some kind of conspiracy theory rhetoric. It's not unusual though, quite common coming from him.

For all the garbage he's spewed while calling out just about everyone and their neighbor for being stupid, his imagination for exaggerating things (while hammering others for exaggerating things) is typical.

Good lawd...
NHL Network is asking Mike Greenlay what he feels the Wild will need to do to adjust to the missing Mat Dumba for the foreseeable.
 Facepalm1.gif.68ae1843f149d192dfc81d586c96818a.gif

Nate Prosser will FINALLY get in some more games (I think he is a decent underrated bottom pair guy who sadly isn't utilized enough)...so I will have an eye on him to see if he can make a case for more ice time while Dumba is on the shelf.

Maybe if he plays well enough, can get himself in some sort of rotation with Patteryn and Seeler and get some time that way.

I miss Dumba on the Wild, obviously, but am rooting for Prosser to at least help anchor things down, bring some of his sandpaper, and be the general pest on defense that he is capable of being.

And NHL Network....STOP ASKING GREENLAY for a prognosis!!

What's next....asking Anthoney LaPanta for hairstyling tips?? :shifty:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived