Wild vs. Flames 12/15/18 @ 12:30PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The puck sitting on their goalie's shoulder - that was insanely heart-breaking!

It was kinda like old school hockey but of the three fights, there was about as much actual fighting as 1/2 of an old time hockey fight.   All three fights were pathetic.  

Wild Fall 2-1 in Feisty Effort Against the Flames

Not a bad effort, but obviously the missing players sort of undermined the team's cohesion as the game went on.  On the promising end of things was the improved play of the younger players.  But not having Dumba and or Zucker means there is no real one-timer threat.  If that is a situation that will exist for a while they'll have to figure a new approach and quick.  I have a full game recap, an Iowa Wild report and prospect updates too, check it out!  

8 minutes ago, Fargocase said:

The puck sitting on their goalie's shoulder - that was insanely heart-breaking!

It was kinda like old school hockey but of the three fights, there was about as much actual fighting as 1/2 of an old time hockey fight.   All three fights were pathetic.  

I'd agree, those were pretty poor scraps...they weren't really worthy of calling them fighting majors.  

6 minutes ago, Fargocase said:

Yah. The mandatory visors cut down on the motivation to fight, more than any rules changes do: the "winner" of the fight is liable to mess up his hands worse than anything the "loser" gets.

3 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

They just need to eliminate fighting. Makes the NHL look like WWE on skates. 

Yep. The days of Basil McRae and Al Secord swapping bombs are over, and we'll never see Bob Probert's like again. Now, it'll be Ryan Suter cutting promos on the mic: "I'm taking a Kwik Trip to the penalty box, where they have healthy cotton swabs for my nose."

Archived