×
Jump to content

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
Sign in to follow this  
OccamsRazor

Game 48: Flyers at Canadiens 1/19/19 @ 7:00

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Ok so what's the point?

 

It would have no effect really on next year.

 

It would be the same if they played well down the stretch just like they did last going what like 23-5 and something it had no effect on this year they still played like sh it.

 

So what you do the year before really good or bad has a true effect on the following year it means nothing really.

 

You have to come out and do it all again.

 

Just look at the Eagles winning Super Bowl awesome they won it but it didn't do a damn thing for them this year they still started the season and struggled.

 

So I ain't buying that sh it if they play great the rest of the season it will help them next year.

 

BULLSH IT!

 

It didn't help them this year won't help them next year.

 

Just get an good draft and rid the team of its many passengers then maybe they have a good 2019-20 with a fresh coaching staff.

 

 

Lose for Hughes

 

 

it's as if you and some other posters feel the players who are expected to be the core of the near future should just suck and continue to suck and then next year, when you guys are ready to see the team play well, they can turn it on and off like the Clapper. if they're struggling now and start to correct their mistakes and make small improvements in their game, that's a bad thing to you? there's 30+ more games in the season. even by your most pessimistic assessments we're not going to lose every one of them. Not that it's going to promise us Hughes or Kakko anyway.

 

i think what Meltzer is suggesting (and there's no reason to assume if we're not "losing for Hughes," which isn't going to guarantee us a #1 pick anyway, that the opposite of that is that we will win our way into just missing the playoffs) that if we make and show no improvement then we have bigger problems long term, then maybe we've overvalued our young talent and they're not going to work into long term plans on the team. I know you can't believe that this team is just Hughes away from a Cup. If these guys actually suck and continue to suck and show no improvement, just rare flashes above their actual skill level ceiling, enough to make us think they're our Dman, goalie, whatever of the future, then we're in a lot more trouble than just having to unload dead UFA weight, plus Jake, the dumbest player in hockey.

 

That thing you said about the Eagles: to act like a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in 50 some years wins one, then is expected to march right up the field to the next Super Bowl is so absurd I know you don't even believe it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

 

 

it's as if you and some other posters feel the players who are expected to be the core of the near future should just suck and continue to suck and then next year, when you guys are ready to see the team play well, they can turn it on and off like the Clapper. if they're struggling now and start to correct their mistakes and make small improvements in their game, that's a bad thing to you? there's 30+ more games in the season. even by your most pessimistic assessments we're not going to lose every one of them. Not that it's going to promise us Hughes or Kakko anyway.

 

i think what Meltzer is suggesting (and there's no reason to assume if we're not "losing for Hughes," which isn't going to guarantee us a #1 pick anyway, that the opposite of that is that we will win our way into just missing the playoffs) that if we make and show no improvement then we have bigger problems long term, then maybe we've overvalued our young talent and they're not going to work into long term plans on the team. I know you can't believe that this team is just Hughes away from a Cup. If these guys actually suck and continue to suck and show no improvement, just rare flashes above their actual skill level ceiling, enough to make us think they're our Dman, goalie, whatever of the future, then we're in a lot more trouble than just having to unload dead UFA weight, plus Jake, the dumbest player in hockey.

 

That thing you said about the Eagles: to act like a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in 50 some years wins one, then is expected to march right up the field to the next Super Bowl is so absurd I know you don't even believe it.

 

I don't expect them to suck.

 

They do suck check their record.

 

You are what your record says you are.

 

Don't buy in to this fools gold.

 

Oh never mind by all means please buy into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

if they're struggling now and start to correct their mistakes and make small improvements in their game, that's a bad thing to you? 

 

It's not a bad thing. It's an irrelevant thing.

 

Especially when it comes to next year.

 

And sure by all means light the league on fire headed towards the end of the season.

 

It won't make me feel any better about this team come next October.

 

They did it last year and sh it the bed to start the season once again. YEAAAAAH!

 

Don't let me rain on you parade!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

That thing you said about the Eagles: to act like a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in 50 some years wins one, then is expected to march right up the field to the next Super Bowl is so absurd I know you don't even believe it.

 

And no I didn't believe and just like the #1 pick nothing is guaranteed.

 

You still have to earn it.

 

Finishing dead last just increased your odds is all.

 

But just like with Patrick when the Flyers luck out on him....it's not a sure thing.

 

But nothing is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

It's not a bad thing. It's an irrelevant thing.

 

Especially when it comes to next year.

 

And sure by all means light the league on fire headed towards the end of the season.

 

It won't make me feel any better about this team come next October.

 

They did it last year and sh it the bed to start the season once again. YEAAAAAH!

 

Don't let me rain on you parade!

you're right dude. you always are. Everyone starts the new season fresh in Be A Pro mode. There's no reason for any of our guys to fix their game now because next year they start over again at zero. when you think they're done sucking enough to get you what you want, just clap your hands and the other pieces will start playing good. that's how it works, right?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

just clap your hands and the other pieces will start playing good. that's how it works, right?

 

 

There is no magical clapper....wake up you're dreaming aloud again.

 

They will just have to start from scratch like everyone ones does next camp/preseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my thing, losing sucks.

The more losing a team does the more used to it the players get.

There needs to be a cultural shift with this group where, "we played well but didn't get the result" is not acceptable.

There should be no moral victories in professional sports. 

 

To everyone who wants the team team to lose on purpose to get a "good player" I say that only works when there's a generational talent at the top of the draft and even then, your team will need luck.

How's about the team coaches up the good players already on the team and ****** wins with them?

 

losing sucks, and life is short unless you make bad choices. The bad choice is to hope for losses. Who wants to be the ****** Oilers, terrible for decades and now they can't win with McDavid,  because no one there remembers how to ****** win.

 

So just stop it with the tanking bs.  It's fools gold.

 

  • Good Post 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

It's fools gold.

 

Fools gold is keeping this team intact because of some minor success because this team shows up finally with no pressure with nothing on the line....that is fools gold like i stated a couple post back.

 

If they lose they lose. No biggie i figured they would play well once all is lost...typical Flyer team.

 

They weak need to be weeded out still and removed. This team has to many issues with it draft be damned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where is the post where someone said "let's keep the team intact"?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 4
      Post
      something from Meltzer W/R/T the complaining about screwing our draft position when there's 34 games still left to play:   "The Flyers are going to be a lottery team, in all likelihood. If they ultimately get lucky in the 2019 NHL Draft lottery after the season, so much the better. However, the NHL lottery system is designed to discourage tanking. Even for the 31st-place team, there's only 18.5 percent odds of getting the first pick (49.6 chance of picking in the top three) as compared to a 50.6 percent chance of picking 4th.

      In the meantime, there would be a lot of collateral damage to the Flyers' long-term hopes if they do wind up finishing last. It would not simply entail trading off some veteran impending unrestricted free agents, including Simmonds and Raffl. It was also mean that Provorov and Gostisbehere have second halves that are like their play in the first half. It would mean Patrick goes back to struggling offensively. It would mean that Hart hits a wall and the goaltending instability of the first half returns. It would mean Lindblom's recent assertiveness dissipates. "
    • 3
      Post
      They had at least 3 off the iron or looking at an open net that they missed in the first. Those do not get counted as shots. That said, Montreal was still skating like a team that won 4 in a row in the first. After that, they looked like the team that was on the second game of a b2b. Carter Hart, just wow. What a difference a goalie stopping a few extra shots makes. He makes the game watchable again. This team still needs to lose MacDud and Lehtera for the next improvement but as long as they are winning, those 2  will continue to get ice time. I am also pleased to see JVR and Patrick return to looking like NHL players again. Just think where this team would be if they had just started the year with Carter Hart in Goal.........
    • 2
      Post
      I thought they played better then the shot total reflects.
    • 2
      Post
      A good read on the unselfish Captain.   Hidden Content Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
    • 2
      Post
      you're right dude. you always are. Everyone starts the new season fresh in Be A Pro mode. There's no reason for any of our guys to fix their game now because next year they start over again at zero. when you think they're done sucking enough to get you what you want, just clap your hands and the other pieces will start playing good. that's how it works, right?  
    • 2
      Post
      Here's my thing, losing sucks. The more losing a team does the more used to it the players get. There needs to be a cultural shift with this group where, "we played well but didn't get the result" is not acceptable. There should be no moral victories in professional sports.    To everyone who wants the team team to lose on purpose to get a "good player" I say that only works when there's a generational talent at the top of the draft and even then, your team will need luck. How's about the team coaches up the good players already on the team and ****** wins with them?   losing sucks, and life is short unless you make bad choices. The bad choice is to hope for losses. Who wants to be the ****** Oilers, terrible for decades and now they can't win with McDavid,  because no one there remembers how to ****** win.   So just stop it with the tanking bs.  It's fools gold.  

About HF.net

 We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and more in our Forums.  Our members may also write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more.  If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

 

 

Contact Us

 

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free
×