Minnesota Wild vs Columbus Blue Jackets, Saturday 1-19-19, 8:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Your answer - they ain’t fooling anyone.  They simply don’t know what the he77 to do, not do they make honest assessments about where they are (or aren’t) as a team.  

They will not make up this production, nor the loss of this asset.  The one common denominator I see over all these idiotic decisions is the owner and the Country Club of 3; and I DO believe they are asked about moves in advance.  The drafts are just BAD scouting, and perhaps demands to draft certain positions versus replacements for the Country Club of 2 of the 3.  Koivu has been here through it all - he owns more of this garbage than ANY other player (and Suter is #2). 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Your answer - they ain’t fooling anyone.  They simply don’t know what the he77 to do, not do they make honest assessments about where they are (or aren’t) as a team.  

They will not make up this production, nor the loss of this asset.  The one common denominator I see over all these idiotic decisions is the owner and the Country Club of 3; and I DO believe they are asked about moves in advance.  The drafts are just BAD scouting, and perhaps demands to draft certain positions versus replacements for the Country Club of 2 of the 3.  Koivu has been here through it all - he owns more of this garbage than ANY other player (and Suter is #2). 

And all of it points to one man--and this is the sad part--he ain't going anywhere as long as we keep filling the seats and buying jerseys. 

11 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Yep, been saying it since Yeo's second year.

10 hours ago, sweetshot said:

And all of it points to one man--and this is the sad part--he ain't going anywhere as long as we keep filling the seats and buying jerseys. 

Yeah, Even tho he claims to be a big fan of the game it's still business first. Only way he'll take notice is when the 'Warming house' has thinned out.

14 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Just curious about this part. Most will agree the Big 3 have influence on various parts of the team. My question is, Did Fenton know or learn quickly about this and does he allow it to affect him? Also, Or is this the norm with most teams and the GM's with highly paid stars?

You only mention 2 of the 3 and I presume since Parise is producing this year, He's not on the rip list.

Great to see him in good form and healthy.

Suter looks and plays bored. Each year getting more conservative than the last.

(Do they still call it 'Positionally Strong) ;)  )

Koivu's game hasn't changed with the game. Ever since the face off rule change, As an example, He's lost his only edge.

I was shocked to see Rask taking those late faceoffs and not getting kicked out while winning most.

Was that BB sending Koivu a message??

So..No matter how all 3 are playing at or not expectations, All 3 are responsible (Salary and presumed influence) for the position they have put the team in.

They are ALL responsible, and I believe ALL have input.  Presently, I feel Parise is just not ‘stealing’ his ridiculous salary like the other two.  Koivu adds nothing anymore, and Suter looks like he conserves his energy so he can get his ‘Ironman trophy’  and also plays not to get hurt. 

25 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

They are ALL responsible, and I believe ALL have input.  Presently, I feel Parise is just not ‘stealing’ his ridiculous salary like the other two.  Koivu adds nothing anymore, and Suter looks like he conserves his energy so he can get his ‘Ironman trophy’  and also plays not to get hurt. 

If you have access to the Athletic story written by Chad Graf....you might get a different take on Suter.    The kind of pain and swelling that he has played with this year, is IMO.......amazing. 

1 hour ago, 4Check said:

If you have access to the Athletic story written by Chad Graf....you might get a different take on Suter.    The kind of pain and swelling that he has played with this year, is IMO.......amazing. 

If that's the case then trading Nino (the 2nd highest goal scorer over the past 6 years) for a 4th line center instead of another defender then this team is crazier than anyone ever thought.

Dumba, leading / tied for leading the team in goals this year when he went down, a hard sought #1 or #2 right Defender, counted on and relied on for PP's and PK's... Leading the league in goals by defense men... Coupled with Suter playing through so much pain... What in thee hell is this team thinking? I have an idea, let's play Suter more. Can the Wild loan him out to other teams to play their PP's or PK's too?

Archived