Game 57: Flyers at Wild; 2/12/19 @ 8

Howie58

I saw that Elliott is loaned to LVH on rehab.  I am not sure what that does to trade status.  My gut says Stolie is kept in the system.  Elliott may not even be viewed as a viable rental given injuries this year.  They can't waive Stolie without fear of loss.  There's no easy answer.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So on twitter during this game I saw, and I'll paraphrase, Stolarz isn't an NHL goalie, The captain is weak, the team's core sucks, Now that the games mean something they're shriveling up.

this fan base is pretty fickle I mean i'm a part of it and kind of know the drill but occasionally I am amazed by being able to read people's "thoughts".  This was one of those times.

I thought the Flyers worked the Pens pretty hard on Monday, and  then overcame some ******** on Tuesday, I'm not discouraged at all by either result... that loss on Monday. I know the score "looked" bad but I took a tremendous amount of satisfaction watching the Flyers win nearly every puck battle, every race, pinning the Pens in their zone for shifts at a time... if the team continues to trend like that, I'm all the way good. A fluke goal and terrible call went along way in determining that outcome.   

Last night; the 2nd of a back to back with travel and a time zone change they find a way to crawl back into a game when everything was lining up against them...This team shouldn't be the 'plucky underdogs" and i get that, I like that it appears they are growing into something that could be very good though so even if they just miss the playoffs i'm glad they are starting to get it. 

I hope the trend continues to be a green arrow pointing up.

58 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

This team shouldn't be the 'plucky underdogs" and i get that, I like that it appears they are growing into something that could be very good though so even if they just miss the playoffs i'm glad they are starting to get it. 

I hope the trend continues to be a green arrow pointing up.

We'll have a much better picture of where this team is headed on February 26th after the deadline.

I don't believe Simmer will be resigned. I also wouldn't be surprised to see someone else traded - say, Ghost.

Everything will depend on the return.

Archived