Voracek and Your Basic Choking Situation

radoran

33 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Honestly even if we do sign Panarin, that doesn't mean we should just be shopping Jake around for whatever. As you say, they don't play the same position. Why not have both on the roster?

Exactly. 

Flyers have 14 players signed for next year and $31M in cap space, I think they can manage it.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Say you trade Jake - how do you replace a PPG player?

Well some of us have stated that we need a 3C and a another RW.

So it would more than likely be one of the guys you could sign. Combined with a kid who would get more minutes.

But we also said we wanted to sign Panarin so he could pick up a nice portion of his points too.

As well as what also would the defenseman bring back to the team that would help as well less goals against and maybe less losses.

Hard to quantify all of that in my mind less goals Hart will have to stop from his turnovers would help.

But there is no sense in going down this rabbit hole further because i know they won't move him.

1 hour ago, elmatus said:

When I speak of trading a guy like Jake

Why not try and trade hi to the Blues for Parayko he was on the block.

The Blues could use a 2nd line RW they have Perron playing there and he is a LW.

So there may be options out there...i'm not suggesting giving him away.

But if you could have a top 4 of:

Ivan - Parayko

Sanheim - Myers

I think that could be a nice improvement.

If you are going to make a trade of this magnitude then the offseason is where to do it. 

But as i stated to Brel i know Fletcher wouldn't move Jake so no sense in entertaining it any further.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well some of us have stated that we need a 3C and a another RW.

We do need those things, but trading a top six RW for a 3C seems like very poor value to me. If the winner of a trade is the team getting the best player, I can pretty much guarantee whoever is getting Voracek will be winning that trade.

Again, I very much understand the frustration with Voracek. He was never going to live up to the expectations afforded to him when he signed that contract. But as @brelic has noted, he does produce at a top six clip, and he's in his prime. So again, I'd be open to moving him, but what's coming back better be a very good return. 

56 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Why not try and trade hi to the Blues for Parayko he was on the block.

I like Parayko, but he would only give us more of what we already have. He's a dman with decent potential who has yet to really find a way to tap into it. We don't need another one of those imo. I really don't think he'll be any better than Sanheim or Myers whenever they finally figure things out.

To me, something like this would feel like Fletch is making a move just to make a move, and that's just bad business.

1 minute ago, elmatus said:

We do need those things, but trading a top six RW for a 3C seems like very poor value to me.

I said for a defenseman never did i say for a 3C. 

2 minutes ago, elmatus said:

So again, I'd be open to moving him, but what's coming back better be a very good return. 

See the post right above your last one that i addressed to you...i would swap him for a guy like Parayko.

Not a 3C which i think you can just sign. Unless you traded for Carter like i asked somewhere around here maybe another thread it would be for a pick or something cheap to help the Kings out of cap hell not for Jake.

5 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I like Parayko, but he would only give us more of what we already have. He's a dman with decent potential who has yet to really find a way to tap into it. We don't need another one of those imo. I really don't think he'll be any better than Sanheim or Myers whenever they finally figure things out.

I disagree, he will be 26 soon and is a better defenseman in his own end than everyone D man on the Flyers roster not named Ivan.

And he has a nice accurate wrist shot and slap shot.

And would give them a right hand shot to maybe replace Gudas whom you could move now.

Along with a nice physical presence back who takes waaaaaay less penalties.

Archived