Flyers All Stars

Guest emwags618

Today it was announced that Claude Giroux, Kimmo Timonen, Matt Read, & Sean Couturier will be going to the 2012 All Star Game in Ottawa.

I just want to see what everyone else's thoughts are on these guys getting picked.

Do you think they deserved it, or if there were other players that should've been picked over them?

Today it was announced that Claude Giroux, Kimmo Timonen, Matt Read, & Sean Couturier will be going to the 2012 All Star Game in Ottawa.

I just want to see what everyone else's thoughts are on these guys getting picked.

Do you think they deserved it, or if there were other players that should've been picked over them?

while I think it's a nice honor to be selected to the team, I think a midseason All Star game is a waste of time. The game itself sucks, and it really isn't worth the time. Take Timmo, I'd rather he stay home and rest up. And you could you imagine a freak accident? Like Matt Read maybe wiping out hard into the boards trying to win the speed comp? And now he could be lost for the most important time of year. no thanks.

I'm sorry, I never answered your question... those selected deserve it. I've seen articles making a case for Hartnell. I can see it.

all of these guys deserve it, and perhaps hartnell.

timo has had an incredible year - one of his best as a flyer. so clutch.

read has shown the grittiness and scoring touch of a seasoned vet.

couturier is what makes this team exciting to watch. he's going to be a future MVP candidate. IMO his ceiling is as high as Giroux's. So impressed with his overall game as well as his recent success on the scoresheet.

giroux...is a testament to everything this organization needs to represent. homegrown. super star. in all phases.

@doom88 yeah I didnt mean to select "off topic", I did it on accident & then it wouldnt let me change it!

but yeah I agree with all of you guys, I think they deffinately all deserve it, & I think Hartsy shouldve been selected too.

I think kimmo should stay home, its an honor to be selected, but he is a little on the older side, and he's such a key player to our team, I don't think they should take the risk. Especially since the game is totally pointless.

Besides that, I think they're all deserving of all-star status!

The thing to keep in mind is Both Giroux and Cooter were acquired via the <acronym title='NHL draft'>draft</acronym>,that how good teams work. The guys selected for the all-star game are well deserved.No complaints!

Read was a UFA signing out of college Close enough in his instance.