Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, Saturday 4-6-19, 7:00pm, American Airlines Arena

MNSOTA

This was ugly. I'm not even sure if it was embarrassing for the players (par Suter). They are what they are. But the organisation that put together this team - that's embarrassing. And Iowa crumbling to bits, too. It sure looks pretty nasty, this season, and it's hard to see it getting any better any time soon.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

This was ugly. I'm not even sure if it was embarrassing for the players (par Suter). They are what they are. But the organisation that put together this team - that's embarrassing. And Iowa crumbling to bits, too. It sure looks pretty nasty, this season, and it's hard to see it getting any better any time soon.

That's the problem with this team. Nothing embarrasses them. I found it interesting after all the losing there was never a "players only" meeting called by the "leaders" on this team.

And as far as the building of the team, I think this team has too many cooks in the kitchen. You have the owner claiming before he hires his new GM that the team "only needs tweaks" to get to the Cup and doesn't want to hire a guy that wants to blow up the franchise and start over. Then at the trade deadline the the GM trades the so called "core" of the team (Niederreiter, Coyle, Granlund and almost Zucker). But it seems that the "core" is really 9, 11 and 20 and to a lesser extent 40. You have 20 dictating how much ice time he gets and who he wants to be paired with, you have 9 named the 2C because the team didn't want to bruise his ego by naming him 3C and giving the 2C slot to Coyle, and you have 40 telling the coach when he is starting (almost always).

Then the owner feels it's necessary to release a video to season ticket holders telling them "this isn't a rebuild". 

And it's not going to get any better until everyone learns to stay in their lanes: GM finds players, Owner writes paychecks for players, Coach manages the players, and players play the game. The owners should not be telling the GM how to do his job, the GM should not be telling the coach who to play and the players should not be going to the owner and whining about how they're not getting their way.

4 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

That's the problem with this team. Nothing embarrasses them. I found it interesting after all the losing there was never a "players only" meeting called by the "leaders" on this team.

And as far as the building of the team, I think this team has too many cooks in the kitchen. You have the owner claiming before he hires his new GM that the team "only needs tweaks" to get to the Cup and doesn't want to hire a guy that wants to blow up the franchise and start over. Then at the trade deadline the the GM trades the so called "core" of the team (Niederreiter, Coyle, Granlund and almost Zucker). But it seems that the "core" is really 9, 11 and 20 and to a lesser extent 40. You have 20 dictating how much ice time he gets and who he wants to be paired with, you have 9 named the 2C because the team didn't want to bruise his ego by naming him 3C and giving the 2C slot to Coyle, and you have 40 telling the coach when he is starting (almost always).

Then the owner feels it's necessary to release a video to season ticket holders telling them "this isn't a rebuild". 

And it's not going to get any better until everyone learns to stay in their lanes: GM finds players, Owner writes paychecks for players, Coach manages the players, and players play the game. The owners should not be telling the GM how to do his job, the GM should not be telling the coach who to play and the players should not be going to the owner and whining about how they're not getting their way.

I am being 100% serious, would you ever want to write a blog for Crease And Assist?  This is exactly what needs to be said.  

6 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

And it's not going to get any better until everyone learns to stay in their lanes: GM finds players, Owner writes paychecks for players, Coach manages the players, and players play the game. 

Agreed.

Isn't that what one would call a solid business plan?

Problem is you can't teach CL to stop Micro-Managing and allow or even encourage 'certain' other's to do similar.

Maybe if Fenton gets the coach he wants then the lanes may settle down.

Not surprised at the overall effort vs Dallas, But A bit concerned that even the 'youth' haven't been able to connect much lately. Not even that 2 on 1 could get a decent pass and a shot off. Maybe the illness bug and nothing to play for was all.

I was all prepared to watch last night's game until I realized that I set my DVR to the early morning replay. 😑 

So I got to watch it at 6AM and coffee wasn't helping any if you know what I mean.

Then after it was all over, I threw my Wild hoodie Jersey and 2 hats in the laundry only to find out the small amount of vecro on 1 hat attached itself to the other one (State of hockey) I got for Christmas which was more of a nylon mesh cap and proceeded to fuzz out an area. 🤨

Why not...'Tis the season.

Archived