Jumbo Joe: "I get hit six times a day harder than that by my kid"

yave1964

The bearded one has gotten himself suspended.

In the second period of an eventual 6-3 loss to the Knights which was chippy at the least and downright nasty to put in proper perspective, Jumbo Joe Thornton came around behind the net and met Thomas Nosek, an obscure 4th line checker who had just dished the puck away, Joe greeted him with a shoulder to the head. Nosek briefly left the game but returned, Thornton received a two minute minor. Now he has been suspended for game four and he is not too happy about it.

“I honestly thought I barely touched him,” Thornton said after the game, via the Mercury News. “He just came right back; it was just one of those plays that it is what it is. I think my son hits me like that six times a day, it’s just a weird position to put himself in. That’s all.”

Thornton says it was a 'weird position for Nosek to put himself in,' blaming Nosek for the hit. The Knights disagree, Ryan Reaves called it gutless. Later in the game Reaves and Evander Kane had a hell of a fun fight to settle their own differences.

21 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

If Jumbo gets hit six times a day harder than that by his kid he must have one mean ass kid. Just saying.

He is full of sh it.

And to make matters worse is I don't think he saw it coming so that always makes it worse when you don't really see it coming.

Archived