Wild to host 2021 Winter Classic

IllaZilla

Vegas was one team I joked about on Twitter.  But does that fanbase travel?  Other fanbases certainly have traveled there, but will they make their way for a Winter Classic?  Although you wouldn't really have an alumni game opportunity by inviting them.  Would Brad Hunt have to play for the Golden Knights alumni team?!?

14 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Vegas was one team I joked about on Twitter.  But does that fanbase travel?  Other fanbases certainly have traveled there, but will they make their way for a Winter Classic?  Although you wouldn't really have an alumni game opportunity by inviting them.  Would Brad Hunt have to play for the Golden Knights alumni team?!?

It was more of a tongue in cheek comment. People go from here to Vegas to get away from the cold. They don't come here until it warms up a bit. I doubt they would travel to Minnesota, even if it is a Winter Classic.

But it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Vegas was the opponent. Bettman bends over backwards for his Mason-Dixon Line franchises...

18 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

According to Russo’s latest mailbag, looks like NBC wants St Louis as the opponent and to watch for an announcement during the All Star Game...

Woo hoo...the Blues.  Yea, that really gets Wild fans riled up.  I guess that will mean Keith Tkachuk will get to cross-check Wes Walz in the throat again, if it keeps Wes from talking so much during the broadcast maybe its not so bad afterall.  ;)  

50 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Woo hoo...the Blues.  Yea, that really gets Wild fans riled up.  I guess that will mean Keith Tkachuk will get to cross-check Wes Walz in the throat again, if it keeps Wes from talking so much during the broadcast maybe its not so bad afterall.  ;)  

Yeah I was underwhelmed too. There’s just nothing there with the Blues and the Wild. Even when the Stars were in the Norris Division I just don’t remember any intense rivalry with the Blues like they had with the Blackhawks. But money talks...

• Like 1

Actually the Bluenotes WERE early rivals of the NorthStars...they actually had multiple playoff meetings...the only way to actually have a rivalry. I believe we played them four series and each won twice...none lasting less than six games. But that doesn't mean a Wild vs Blues WC will garner even a glance from NHL watchers outside of those two fan bases

Edited by Antti_Laxative

3 hours ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Actually the Bluenotes WERE early rivals of the NorthStars...they actually had multiple playoff meetings...the only way to actually have a rivalry. I believe we played them four series and each won twice...none lasting less than six games. But that doesn't mean a Wild vs Blues WC will garner even a glance from NHL watchers outside of those two fan bases

You are probably right.  Some that may watch will wonder why the North Stars changed their name.  

• Like 1

I just hope they don’t get cute with the jerseys. Nashville’s looked like it was designed with a Word clip art program. Brush script was the best they could come up with?

Not sure what Dallas was doing either. That franchise isn’t that old to be hearkening back to the tan breezers and gloves. 
I’d love to see a variation on the 1967 uniforms for both teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

I just hope they don’t get cute with the jerseys. Nashville’s looked like it was designed with a Word clip art program. Brush script was the best they could come up with?

Not sure what Dallas was doing either. That franchise isn’t that old to be hearkening back to the tan breezers and gloves. 
I’d love to see a variation on the 1967 uniforms for both teams. 

And yet they BOTH were better than the grade schoolish sweaters the Kings and Avs rolled out for their Stadium Series tilt

5 hours ago, Antti_Laxative said:

And yet they BOTH were better than the grade schoolish sweaters the Kings and Avs rolled out for their Stadium Series tilt

Those weren’t grade school. Those were GARBAGE. Not only GARBAGE. HOT GARBAGE. 🤮

Good Lord. It looks like they stole the LA Kings jersey from a Box Lacrosse team and what is that abomination that the Avs are wearing???

Edited by IllaZilla