Wings place five in Covid protocal

yave1964

Detroit is the latest team to be eaten up with Covid or at the least said protocal.

It started with Fabbri, followed soon after by Adam Erne, then young Zadina and rugged Jon Merrill joined the list. Now Sam Gagner joins the list.

Tonight in Chicago Cholowski is expected to step in for Merrill, and Givani smith will suit up for Gagner. Rasmussen has already been playing for Fabbri.

Anthony Mantha waxed eloquently when asked about the affect of Covid on the NHL season. "It is going to suck." he stated, speaking for all of us. "At the end of the day it is the sacrifice we go through to play the game right now."

Mantha is so right, this sucks.

I am wondering if this goes back to the first game of the season against Carolina where Jordan Staal regularly squared off against Fabbri, only to test positive the next day. And again, it sucks but it is the price we pay to watch a reasonable facsimile of the game we all love.

@yave1964

Which is why Washington got fined $100,000 because four of their players all went to one of their rooms to watch sports. Isolation is critical if this is going to work.

You're right that it sucks.

You know what doesn't suck? Getting their paycheck. Playing hockey--a game you love--for a living!

I appreciate the fact that Mantha and Blashill both recognized the privilege they have in being able to do it, despite the suckage involved on the road.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SpikeDDS said:

@yave1964

Which is why Washington got fined $100,000 because four of their players all went to one of their rooms to watch sports. Isolation is critical if this is going to work.

You're right that it sucks.

You know what doesn't suck? Getting their paycheck. Playing hockey--a game you love--for a living!

I appreciate the fact that Mantha and Blashill both recognized the privilege they have in being able to do it, despite the suckage involved on the road.

The players fraternize and play on the same bench with no masks and hug and scream in each others faces when they score a goal.

I doubt hanging out with the same teammates in your hotel room makes as much of a difference as people think other than the appearance of impropriety.

Most hockey teams consider the team a family bubble and don't practice social distancing with each other. Including every team I saw visiting the mooseheads in halifax. I would let teams in the bay doors and they come off the bus and walk in with their masks around their chin or under their noses

• Like 1