Leafs Now Have the Distinction of Being the Weakest Division Leader

The Leafs at 42 points in 32 GP are now the weakest of the four division leaders. (What a surprise.)

The Knights have 43 points in only 29 GP.

The Caps and Isles have 44 points in 31 and 32 GP.

The Lightning have a whopping 48 points in 31 GP.

Oh and the 2nd place Panthers and 3rd place Hurricanes are also ahead of Toronto. 

The Leafs need to do something to shake up this roster. I don't know if the team is just complacent, bored with this schedule, bored with success, or whether the other teams in the division have figured them out. Whatever the case may be, the Leafs aren't going anywhere in the playoffs without changes being made. 

I think we all know the Leafs (until they prove otherwise) are playing in a division of mostly perennial deadbeat teams. Teams with a zero track record of success. You add up all the Stanley Cups and President's trophies in this division over the past 25 years and you get.... nothing.  The Leafs haven't shown that they can hang with the big boys in the NHL, and there's no reason to believe it won't be a 4-0 (4-1 thanks to parity) massacre in the conference final when the North Division representative team is finally exposed for being the pretender that it is. 

To have any chance of playoff success, the Leafs need to distance themselves from these teams. They need to show that they can easily handle this division. 

4 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

The Leafs at 42 points in 32 GP are now the weakest of the four division leaders. (What a surprise.)

The Knights have 43 points in only 29 GP.

The Caps and Isles have 44 points in 31 and 32 GP.

The Lightning have a whopping 48 points in 31 GP.

Oh and the 2nd place Panthers and 3rd place Hurricanes are also ahead of Toronto. 

The Leafs need to do something to shake up this roster. I don't know if the team is just complacent, bored with this schedule, bored with success, or whether the other teams in the division have figured them out. Whatever the case may be, the Leafs aren't going anywhere in the playoffs without changes being made. 

I think we all know the Leafs (until they prove otherwise) are playing in a division of mostly perennial deadbeat teams. Teams with a zero track record of success. You add up all the Stanley Cups and President's trophies in this division over the past 25 years and you get.... nothing.  The Leafs haven't shown that they can hang with the big boys in the NHL, and there's no reason to believe it won't be a 4-0 (4-1 thanks to parity) massacre in the conference final when the North Division representative team is finally exposed for being the pretender that it is. 

To have any chance of playoff success, the Leafs need to distance themselves from these teams. They need to show that they can easily handle this division. 

At least with the late season start you guys finally didn't peak in November!!

I feel your pain:BrownBag:

• Like 1