Arvidsson traded to LA

Arvidsson traded to Kings by Predators for two NHL Draft picks

Nashville receives second-round selection in 2021, third-round choice in 2022 from Los Angeles for forward

NHL.com @NHLdotcom
 23 minutes ago
cut.jpg

Viktor Arvidsson was traded to the Los Angeles Kings by the Nashville Predators on Thursday for two NHL Draft picks.

Nashville received a second-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft and a third-round pick in the 2022 NHL Draft for the 28-year-old forward.

Arvidsson scored 25 points (10 goals, 15 assists) in 50 games this season. He did not play the final five games because of an upper-body injury and returned to play the first two games of a six-game loss to the Carolina Hurricanes in the Stanley Cup First Round.

He scored 61 points in back-to-back seasons (2016-18), then scored an NHL career-high 34 goals in 58 games in 2018-19. That was followed by 53 points (25 goals, 28 assists) in 107 games the past two seasons.

Selected by Nashville in the fourth round (No. 112) in the 2014 NHL Draft, Arvidsson has scored 239 points (127 goals, 112 assists) in 385 games, and 27 points (12 goals, 15 assists) in 61 Stanley Cup Playoff games.

I actually think this is a fantastic deal for the Kings.....barring something being very wrong with Viktor Arvidsson that is.

I've always been a fan of Arvidsson's playstyle.... fast, offensive minded, magician with the stick handling and usually accurate with his shots. Very exciting player to watch on a rush.

Last season, I think his numbers were way too low for him. Almost across the board his numbers were down.
Injury, something else? Who knows what nagged away at him.

But if he is healthy, his mind is set back to hockey mode, those numbers last season would just be an aberration and the Kings can look forward to having a 28-yr old offensive dynamo working alongside some of their up n comers and maybe help start to turn LA from a strictly boring checking team to a more proactive, attacking team..... saw evidence of a bit of that turnaround last season.

And at 4.25M cap hit for the next three seasons, it is possible the Kings can enjoy an uptick in offense and pace on a sweetheart deal.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Nashville fleeced. Could they not protect him from Seattle?

Looking over the Predators' roster and who they have under contract and who are UFA/RFA or who will become those, they have a look and feel to them of a team that is on the verge of a rebuild and could be trolling the bottom of the standings over the next three or four seasons.

Only five players under long term contract now... Matt Duchene, Colton Scissons, Ryan Johansson, Ryan Ellis, and Roman Josi.
Of those five, only Ellis and Josi seem like keepers.

Not sure what the Seattle situation with Nashville is without looking things up, but Arvidsson traded for a pair of draft picks could just be for starters.
I'd imagine the Kings took this deal and ran as you suggested, but at this point, the Preds may simply be looking for ways to liquidate assets, as it were.

My how they have fallen from being a Cup contender not so long ago.

Love the deal for the Kings who IMHO are well on their way in the rebuild and a top six winger who can score will fit in very nicely. I think Arvidsson will excel in LA as he has never had a true 1C to play with 

• Like 2