Montreal in big trouble after being routed in Seattle by the sea monsters

Buffalo Rick

There is a very real possibility the Montreal Canadians may return home with a 1-8 record and the Detroit Red Wings will be there waiting for them.  Not a team I would want to see if I were Montreal returning home to the press that will be all over them, and I am sure they are already.  I cannot read French so I wont even try.  They must be going nuts up there as they likely had high hopes after an unexpected and deep run last year.  i believe they are in real trouble.  No Price, no win.  I do not know if Price even wants to return to this mess.  Of course he has no choice.  So you want a team that the Sabres could knock out?  Here you go.

When you lose your #1 goalie, your #1 defenceman and captain, your #2 centre and your best young player all in one fell swoop I don't think even the biggest homer Habs fans were expecting much this season. I have several friends and one neighbor who are Montreal fans and most were eyeing up Shane Wright a lot more than another trip to the finals.

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I cannot read French so I wont even try.

Curiously, they are not (yet) in the typical fire-everybody-and-burn-the-house mode. Suprised: yes, but they still think they have the team to qualify for the playoffs and make a deep run (we did that last year, so why not this year? Humm, should we really explain...?), citing the 2019 Blues who were dead last at X-mas and considering outliers as a norm that can be easily repeated. They also truly believe they have a talented group but as far as I've seen, they are just bad.

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I do not know if Price even wants to return to this mess

He was left unprotected for the exapansion draft. I wouldn't say he wanted to go there but he would've accepted to go to the Kraken, much closer to his hometown. But logically Seattle didn't want to mortgage the future with his albatross contract and his history of injuries.

10 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

When you lose your #1 goalie, your #1 defenceman and captain, your #2 centre and your best young player all in one fell swoop I don't think even the biggest homer Habs fans were expecting much this season. I have several friends and one neighbor who are Montreal fans and most were eyeing up Shane Wright a lot more than another trip to the finals.

So do you think the Montreal media will just give them a pass?  I dont