Bobrovsky Trade Talk

Guest Dynamo 47

also, keep in mind that the phantoms do have guys on ahl-only contracts, they do have their own salary commitments.

Yeah, but who negotiates those AHL contracts? Also, were do the non-NHL contract counts come from? AHL only or other pro hockey outlets (ie ECHL)?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the general manager of the AHL team negotiates the AHL contracts. a player with the phantoms on an AHL deal is in no way affiliated with the flyers. he doesn't count against the flyers cap, contract number, nothing.

at the end of the day, AHL teams are stand alone organizations who have established an agreement with an NHL team to accept players on loan without question, and to make icetime available to those players. that's pretty much the extent of the reliationship, in most circumstances. you have the weirdo situations like when comcast owned the phantoms, obviously there were some closer ties there, but in general AHL teams do thier own thing, except a third of their roster is paid by an NHL club.

that's even more evident when you get lower on the totem pole and have NHL teams sharing ECHL affiliates. as i recall, the flyers and debbies shared trenton for a while, right? nothing more than an agreement to be a destination for demoted NHL property.

that's even more evident when you get lower on the totem pole and have NHL teams sharing ECHL affiliates. as i recall, the flyers and debbies shared trenton for a while, right? nothing more than an agreement to be a destination for demoted NHL property.

Actually the Flyers and Devils never shared. It was the Trenton Titans under the Flyers, then the Devils purchased it and it became the Trenton Devils (which was a bummer because there were allot of Flyer fans the followed the team). Then the Devils did not renew their affiliation due "restructuring farm system reasons" and the Flyers returned as the Trenton Titans. I actually saw the Flyers and Devils play a preseason game there back in 2008. Its a very nice arena and easy to get to from the highway.

But, I do recall something with Hershey at one point splitting the Bears between the Avs and Washington. Didn't also the Maine Mariners do something similar (Flyers and team X that I can't remember).

Crosby for Giroux?

Malkin for Giroux?

Anyone for Giroux?

Crosby, Malkin, Staal and a first for Giroux.

Done. Make it so.

The "right" offer doesn't mean a straight up one for one. We didn't get one player back for either Crater or Richards, why would we settle for one player back for Giroux?

The "right" offer doesn't mean a straight up one for one. We didn't get one player back for either Crater or Richards, why would we settle for one player back for Giroux?

Call me crazy, but I would give Giroux for Oneal and Letang and then pursue Crosby as a UFA after next season.

Call me crazy, but I would give Giroux for Oneal and Letang and then pursue Crosby as a UFA after next season.

You're crazy. :-)

I can't see how the Flyers could work the cap space to make any sort of rational proposal to Crosby.

The Flyers have about $33M already committed in 13-14 for: Briere, Talbot, JVR, Courtuier, Pronger, Meszaros, Coburn, Bryzgalov. Giroux would make $3.75M that season.

Letang is on for $3.5M that season and Neal would need to be re-signed (RFA next year, making $2.875M this season)

Gotta figure Crosby brings more than just the $8.7M he's getting today, eh?

Figure around $40M for the team minus Giroux plus Letang/Neal... That's six forwards, three D and a backup G to sign with about $15M after Crosby?

@radoran

You forgot- I sent Simmonds and Briere to Anaheim for Ryan. That may get it close. I figure Crosby for 10 for 5 years. Neal 3.5 (maybe four if he keeps performing the way he is). Letain is going to need 4.5 or more). So, on the safe side, maybe 20 for those three.

Centers:

Coururier

Schenn

Crosby

LW:

JVR

Eric Wellwood

Harry Z

RW:

Voracek

Read

Ryan

Jagr ???

D:

Pronger

Letang

Meszaros

Coburn

Guftason

Bourdon

Marshall

Still some holes.

Some would argue having two solid goalies would be a good problem to have. But to tell you the truth, I kind of miss having a guy like Boucher as a backup.

He knows his role is to be a reliable back-up. That's it. Nothing else.

That gives the #1 goalie confidence and room to refine his game. Bryzgalov is an above average goalie, but I feel he's a little stressed with Bob chewing at the bit to showcase his stuff in net. That's fine when you have two guys making the same $$ and competing for a shot but Bryz IS the #1 goalie. If you don't believe me ask the guy that signs his check every two weeks.