Penguins sign Carter for an additional two years

nossagog

4352504_web1_ptr-PensHawks09-101721-1-.j

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/penguins-agree-to-terms-jeff-carter-two-year-contract-extension/c-330217900

The Pens seem to be really happy with the way he fills in the third line.  Likewise I think he's become comfortable with that role and continues to contribute for the Pens.  $3.125M / year 

Edited by nossagog
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, nossagog said:

4352504_web1_ptr-PensHawks09-101721-1-.j

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/penguins-agree-to-terms-jeff-carter-two-year-contract-extension/c-330217900

The Pens seem to be really happy with the way he fills in the third line.  Likewise I think he's become comfortable with that role and continues to contribute for the Pens.  $3.125M / year 

At that price? No brainer....especially with all the UFA they have coming up after this season. 

I've long been a Jeff Carter fan.

if this team is healthy come playoff time, he could be the 3C that gets them to the finals.

87 and 71 have always need a + 3C to win the whole smash, Carter can still skate, is really good at the dot , and is way bigger now than he was a "young man". 

this is a good signing. it is weird seeing him in those colors though.

Edited by mojo1917

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I've long been a Jeff Carter fan.

if this team is healthy come playoff time, he could be the 3C that gets them to the finals.

87 and 71 have always need a + 3C to win the whole smash, Carter can still skate, is really good at the dot , and is way bigger now than he was a "young man". 

this is a good signing. it is weird seeing him in those colors though.

I don't think I really had a good appreciation of his faceoff abilities until this year with the Penguins. He's the go to guy on defensive zone faceoffs and is really BIG on what is one of the NHL best penalty killing teams. 

• Like 1