Minnesota Wild vs Dallas Stars, Sunday 3-6-22, 3:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

2 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

someone needs to step up otherwise well not even make the playoffs at this rate.

Perhaps it would be better if we don't.  We have several holes that need to be filled and are acting like we don't with early season success.  I have NO interest in another first round exit - I want fundamental changes (and draft picks) that can enable us to make a REAL RUN before we lose Kap to free agency.

• Good Post 1

Ugly 6-3 Home Loss caps off rough week for the Minnesota Wild

How about that cushion of games in hand eh?  This wasn't a game to fritter away.  A poor choice to challenge a goal compounded an already bad mistake and made it worse.  Pulling the goaltender with nearly 9 minutes left isn't anything to be proud of.  But I am sure some will be thrilled Kaprizov got two more goals as if that makes the loss ok.  

It shows you what matters to some folks; me not we.  This team doesn't want to pay the price to make the tough plays at either end of the ice.  Certainly not for a full game.  

I have a game / week recap, an extended Iowa Wild report (who are also floundering, spoiler alert) and lots of prospect news.  Enjoy...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Not the first time Evason is trying this, and tragically it almost worked.

At some point this will work but the main problem is the Wild should be sufficiently bad to trail by three against a team that is sufficiently bad to allow three goal with the opponent goalie pulled...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Math said:

Not the first time Evason is trying this, and tragically it almost worked.

At some point this will work but the main problem is the Wild should be sufficiently bad to trail by three against a team that is sufficiently bad to allow three goal with the opponent goalie pulled...

It did work way more often than not 1st part of season. That only made him more agressive to go to it since. Things have evened out and while we may still score 1, We end up giving 1-2 the other way.
I'm not a fan of really early pulls especially when you haven't been controlling the puck.
The main problem is we're having to do this way too much.