Flyers(18-28-10) @ Panthers( 39-13-5)

Cookie

I am new here and see there isn't much activity at all in the Florida Panthers section so hopefully that will change with me joining now.

Tonight's match-up faces a struggling Flyers club with Keith Yandle returning which might be more intriguing than the game itself.  

Bob will be in the nets tonight with what looks to be Carter Hart for the Flyers. 

Noel Acciari will continue to give that intensity the club needs as the 4th line Center at least for now. 

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Welcome. And yeah this forum has a rather large flyers and wild fanbase. The rest of us post all over the place lol

Thanks for the welcome. Well you have a Panthers fan now and I will post other places when I feel I can contribute. 

I looked at the one other NHL forum which seems a lot larger than this one and actually I was going to sign up for it , but when I went to register they didn't have that option only a log in option. So that has to be a sign or something that I am suppose to be here in the smaller place. :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

All are welcome here, but this forum does have a solid flyers/wild population.

They are misguided...lol.

Welcome

If my Panthers game thread is just me I might just pop in here during the game if that is OK. 

12 hours ago, Cookie said:

Empty net hat trick for Reinhart and 4 Assists for both Huberdeau and Ekblad tonight.  Also this makes 5 wins in a row for the Panthers. 

I had the pleasure of watching Ekblad play his junior hockey here in Barrie where he was putting up .5 ppg as a 15 year old defenceman! 

Wasn't hard to tell he was going to be a good one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I had the pleasure of watching Ekblad play his junior hockey here in Barrie where he was putting up .5 ppg as a 15 year old defenceman! 

Wasn't hard to tell he was going to be a good one.

I experienced the same thing with Josi in his junior years in Switzerland. In every game in some random lost rinks, he was the only one wearing a full grid protection while being by far the best player on the ice, finishing to be recalled at the pro level and winning the playoff MVP award still with his grid.

"Yeah, maybe that guy could play some games in the NHL, who knows..."

• Like 2

Ekblad has been a steady force on the D line for the Panthers that is for sure and the addition of Weegar has solidified the D even more. We all know what the Panthers can put up on the offensive side, but come playoff time it will come down to the D to get it done. 

On 3/11/2022 at 11:23 AM, Cookie said:

Ekblad has been a steady force on the D line for the Panthers that is for sure and the addition of Weegar has solidified the D even more. We all know what the Panthers can put up on the offensive side, but come playoff time it will come down to the D to get it done. 

I guess i missed this when you posted this earlier. I am going to have to pull for the Panthers to win it all if you guys trade for Giroux. I want to see him win one.

I pulled for Richards, Carter, Williams and Gagne with LA.

Pulled for Brindamour and Williams with the Canes.

Still the only Cup ceremony i have ever watched from start to finish.