From The Athletic - Flyers Poll/Survey (Part 5) - Ownership

pilldoc

The Athletic Flyers Poll/Survey  

22 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5 (5 being most satisfied and 1 being least satisfied), what is your degree of satisfaction at the moment with Flyers ownership?

• 1 - least satisfied
    • 5 - most satisfied
  2. 2. What is your biggest complaint with ownership right now?

• Out of touch with fanbase at large
    • Tickets/games too expensive
    • Refusal to clean house in Front Office
    • Perceive them as ignorant of Flyers history / Flyers culture
    • Other
    • No major issues with ownership

The Athletic has a poll/survey running on the State of the Union for the Flyers.  I will be posting some of their questions. 

They listed a lot of questions.  Here is Part 5.

Comment below for these 2 questions only

Unless you are living on another planet, every Flyer fan should be unhappy with ownership.  Their refusal to clean house in the FA and other poor choices have led the Flyers to where they are today.  Scott should just quit and or Comcast should just sell the team to someone who truly has a vested interest in the Flyers doing well on the ice and not just a line item on a budget.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Unless you are living on another planet, every Flyer fan should be unhappy with ownership.  Their refusal to clean house in the FA and other poor choices have led the Flyers to where they are today.  Scott should just quit and or Comcast should just sell the team to someone who truly has a vested interest in the Flyers doing well on the ice and not just a line item on a budget.

Love this POV

:PostAward4::PostAward4:

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.f9d49a9a30ba6eea857a2cd9f3107dac.png

NO Surprise here ......

Yeah, fans are not at all happy with Comcast Spectacor at the moment.

In fairness, this is nothing new. Last year, their average rating was down at 2.20 — measurably lower than organizational health (2.66) and confidence in Fletcher (2.71). But 1.74 is a new low, and it again trails organizational health and Fletcher’s average ratings. Of our surveyed fans, 80.5 percent gave the ownership group either a 1 or a 2.

Why are they frustrated with Comcast, you might ask? (see next question)

image.png.fe4e7ff1e64586962205ecc628c035fb.png

Now we’re getting into interesting territory.

There are clearly two explanations that rise above the rest, with the first the most intriguing. Over 40 percent of survey responders cited ownership’s unwillingness to revamp the front office as the biggest reason for their frustration directed at Comcast.

Now, this isn’t just about Fletcher, of course. “Clean house” is a catch-all term that basically means everyone — Fletcher, yes, but also the old guard as well. Basically, this answer strongly implies that fans see the team’s current malaise as an organization-wide failure, and view Comcast as essentially asleep at the wheel. Surely there’s an element of “Ed Snider wouldn’t have let this happen under his watch” to that frustration, but it goes beyond that. It’s the idea that the 2021-22 season could happen with no major changes beyond the removal of Alain Vigneault as head coach. That just didn’t feel drastic enough for large sections of our surveyed fans.

But the belief that ownership remains out of touch with the fan base as a whole is very real as well. This is likely where those who believe, for example, that Gritty has been used as something of a distraction over the past few years and the on-ice play has dipped dramatically would fall. Under Snider, Comcast Spectacor seemed to have its finger on the pulse of what the fan base wanted. And in fairness, that was much easier with a winning team at the forefront. But with the growth of social media, ownership groups have more opportunities to connect with the fan base — and in turn, more opportunities to seem out of sync with them. Clearly, a not-insignificant group views Comcast Spectacor as such.

1. On a scale of 1-5 (5 being most satisfied and 1 being least satisfied), what is your degree of satisfaction at the moment with Flyers ownership?

Obviously, I am not a Flyer fan, so not emotionally invested in the team like the true fans are, but putting myself in their skates for a second, I would not be, CAN'T be, no way in hell be, happy with how Flyers ownership has handled the franchise, so my answer would be an immediate "least satisfied".

Funny thing is, as a Bolts fan, I HAVE gone through similar with my team in the late 90's early 2000's. 
Clown ownership from Oren Koules and that other joker, Lawton..... clown head coaching in Barry Melrose....signings of over the hill guys looking for a final big payday.....young players put in positions way above their skill grade and calling them "top six whatevers"...then firing people and replacing them with others who have no clue what they are doing, etc.

So, if that is what the Flyers are going through now, then I truly feel for the fans. That kind of thing got my family to STOP being TB Lightning season ticket holders, as supporting a franchise run by baboons was not a very good investment.

2. What is your biggest complaint with ownership right now?

Refusal to clean the front office.
The team has shuffled through players, coaches, even switching GM's from Holmgren, to Hextall, to now Fletcher (and promoting some after doing horrible jobs in their previous roles, which is a HUGE red flag)......so to me, that screams, "It's time to tear down the front office and start again".

Ahh, but there is ownership again. If they continue to 'not get it', then their refurnishing of the front office and continued meddling will only keep things as they are.
How about ownership do an  honest self evaluation, hire real hockey guys, stay out of things other than to sign paychecks, and let the real hockey guys do their thing?
And if they hire good hockey people and trust their decisions, then that filters down to the development staff, the minors, the NHL bench, and the players.

Oh, but that's right. Ownership has to realize there IS a problem on how they are doing things to begin with first, don't they?