Ville Husso traded to Wings, signs three year deal

yave1964

Man I love this, Husso has long been a favorite of mine. In fact in the list I do, predictions that are sure to go wrong, I predicted that Husso by mid season would take the job from Binnington. He went 25-7-4 having an outstanding season.

Look, I like Nedelkovic he was good and then bad all year but the defense was simply awful. Husso, IMHO is better but it gives the Wings a very solid 1-2 tandem that allows them to ride the hot hand. Unless of course Ned is traded in the goalie carrousel that is going right now.

Anyway, love the deal. Husso IMHO is the perfect get for a third rounder.

I see Steve Yzerman up to his old tricks again.
Doing exactly what he did with the Lightning in creating goalie competition to elevate the games of all involved, till someone claimed that net.
And not just ANY goalies...guys like Husso and Ned who both have a legit shot to be good moving forward.

He did the same in Tampa Bay when he had Anders Lindback compete with that one guy we might have heard of, Ben Bishop, that no other team seemed to know what to do with.
Bish came out on top....then he started it again with Kristers Gudlevskiy vs Andrei Vasilevskiy, and when Vasy usurped him, had Vasy showdown with Bish for the net, and the rest is history.

Said it many times before, will say it again, Yzerman has the Wings on a good track, he understands the importance of the goalie position, and didn't rest on just settling for Ned, but rather, got him a "rival" so to speak, in Husso, signaling "Whomever wants this net is gonna have to work their asses off for it".

Like the move for the Wings.
And you guys probably have another younger version of those guys somewhere in the minors too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I see Steve Yzerman up to his old tricks again.
Doing exactly what he did with the Lightning in creating goalie competition to elevate the games of all involved, till someone claimed that net.
And not just ANY goalies...guys like Husso and Ned who both have a legit shot to be good moving forward.

He did the same in Tampa Bay when he had Anders Lindback compete with that one guy we might have heard of, Ben Bishop, that no other team seemed to know what to do with.
Bish came out on top....then he started it again with Kristers Gudlevskiy vs Andrei Vasilevskiy, and when Vasy usurped him, had Vasy showdown with Bish for the net, and the rest is history.

Said it many times before, will say it again, Yzerman has the Wings on a good track, he understands the importance of the goalie position, and didn't rest on just settling for Ned, but rather, got him a "rival" so to speak, in Husso, signaling "Whomever wants this net is gonna have to work their asses off for it".

Like the move for the Wings.
And you guys probably have another younger version of those guys somewhere in the minors too.

Yep we drafted Sebastian Cossa in the first round last year, a HUGE goalie, he is turning pro this year and will spend at least a year or maybe two in Grand Rapids. He is a cocky young punk, he has stated he is going to crush it in grand rapids and then be in Detroit within a year and plans on claiming the net. I mean, every goalie who was the first goalie of his class off the board in the first round should be cocky but he is refreshing with his abrasiveness. We are now three deep in the organization with solid goalies, a lot better than Jimmy Howard lol. 

Our number one need is left defense which has been terrible. Actually Terrible doesnt cover it the left side has been simply dreadful. Bertuzzi is being shopped as he has one year left on his deal and contract talks are not close at this time. A improved defense using Bertuzzi as the bait seems to be next on the list.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Yep we drafted Sebastian Cossa in the first round last year, a HUGE goalie, he is turning pro this year and will spend at least a year or maybe two in Grand Rapids. He is a cocky young punk, he has stated he is going to crush it in grand rapids and then be in Detroit within a year and plans on claiming the net. I mean, every goalie who was the first goalie of his class off the board in the first round should be cocky but he is refreshing with his abrasiveness. We are now three deep in the organization with solid goalies, a lot better than Jimmy Howard lol. 

Our number one need is left defense which has been terrible. Actually Terrible doesnt cover it the left side has been simply dreadful. Bertuzzi is being shopped as he has one year left on his deal and contract talks are not close at this time. A improved defense using Bertuzzi as the bait seems to be next on the list.

Thinking I'm glad I traded Neids.  🙃

• Like 1